SAU Community

R34 Skyline Gtt Any Good?

supramk3

hey guys i own a supra mk3 atm n/a selling it. thinking of getting a skyline r34 for under 15k. just cant seem to find many reviews for them, its all about GTR. just wondering if gtts get any respects or is it all about gtrs? i driven a r33 gtt and liked it but not the shape. and seeing how much gtrs are dont think id ever be buying one. any things i should look for in a gtt r34? it seem like they are pretty good on fuel compair to all the older models and have 280hp, alot more then my na supra.

Hey,

I've owned my R34 GTT for a couple of months and i love it! Although that being said its fuel economy is pretty shitfull, But that's due to it needing a tune from what i've been told. I plan to get a GTR when i can afford one, like 15 years knowing me haha. But the GTT is still an amazing skyline, and car in general. Plus for the price you can't go wrong, I paid less for my GTT than my mate paid for VTEC and i leave him in the dust ;)

Just check all the usual things you would when buying a car + do a PPSR check.

I've only bought my GT-T recently, so I can't say definitively long-term wise, but I've owned a number of performance cars in the past and feel-wise, you can tell that this is really a supercar as soon as you sit inside it. It belongs more to a GT class and is great on high speed corners and straights. I don't think it'd do as well in gymkhanas or is as agile as, say, an S2000 or S15, but its like a big brother for them.

So far nothing bad to say about the car both reliability wise or performance.

supra is a 60-70l tank and i only get 450-500km out of it, so it cant be any worse then that. it seems to me like its a reliable car the gtt, but i cant even find a forum on facebook for them lol, i'll be looking at r34 gtt or supra TT, but it would be harder to find supras for under 15k.

The R34GTT is a super reliable car in stock form, i drove mine with mild mods for years without a single drama..... I purchased it back in 2008 (I think, i cant remember) and have taken it from semi stock form to the animal it is today.

In terms of fuel consumtion you should get much better than the supra in manual form! Simple mods can gain you power, once you chase more you will need to upgrade all the supporting parts which costs a bit more than the R33 but its still overall a better car with newer technology and as you mention, more power/torque.

If you are spending $15K you can get a good quality example with some mods already done.

Look up the skyline buying guide on SAU which will help you and also get a proper inspection.

I think youll love it! :D

gtt are freaking awesome cars. its a 60L tank and you should be able to get roughly 400km+ on it, give or take, and that's with a turbo going so it's not worse than your supra.

and they are super sexy.

gtt are freaking awesome cars. its a 60L tank and you should be able to get roughly 400km+ on it, give or take, and that's with a turbo going so it's not worse than your supra.

and they are super sexy.

Should be able to get 500+ on a stock one man! Actually even on a well tuned modified example!

I've never put more that 50-55L in mine and i was getting 500+, with 360+ kw i could still get 400+

lulwut. i need a tune. will resetting the ECU help with fuel economy? haven't done it since owning the car from previous owner.

Not likely.... You should have done all of the basic servicing parts by now i assume? Plugs? Filters? Clean MAF etc etc...... If your engine is running well you should get good milage...

So the OP should know to expect pretty good economy

You can buy mine for $15500.

I have had it for about 12 months & it's an awesome car. Haven't had any problems with it at all & what a great handling car.

I love my R34 to pieces. It's an NA but it has proven itself to be an amazingly reliable car that corners like a dream and kicks it on the straights that now once I'm off my P's I have seriously considered buying a GT-T. Fuel consumption is a bit poor but I think that's because mine needs a good tune. I can't sing the praises of R34's more.

Not likely.... You should have done all of the basic servicing parts by now i assume? Plugs? Filters? Clean MAF etc etc...... If your engine is running well you should get good milage...

So the OP should know to expect pretty good economy

Mine is stock apart from a pod filter and coilovers i manage to get just on the 400+kms... I need to tune

GTT's are one of the best bang-for-buck models out there. Had mine for 7 years and didn't have any problems. Fuel consumption is high, but let's face it - you don't but these cars for their fuel economy.....

Get a decent set of coil-overs (Tein), a good exhaust and a remapped/replacement ECU with a boost increase and you won't look back.

As for comparing with the GTR - don't even try. Although the GTR has AWD and more 'street cred' I know of a few GTT's that will wipe the floor with most GTR's. If you can see if you can go for a spin in both cars before purchasing. I also owned a R33 GTS-T and it was more of a go-kart compared to the R34 GTT which is more refined and grown up. If you liked driving the 33, then you'll love the 34.

GTT's are one of the best bang-for-buck models out there. Had mine for 7 years and didn't have any problems. Fuel consumption is high, but let's face it - you don't but these cars for their fuel economy.....

Get a decent set of coil-overs (Tein), a good exhaust and a remapped/replacement ECU with a boost increase and you won't look back.

As for comparing with the GTR - don't even try. Although the GTR has AWD and more 'street cred' I know of a few GTT's that will wipe the floor with most GTR's. If you can see if you can go for a spin in both cars before purchasing. I also owned a R33 GTS-T and it was more of a go-kart compared to the R34 GTT which is more refined and grown up. If you liked driving the 33, then you'll love the 34.

and we cannot get a better endorsement than that.

:whistling::action-smiley-069: