SAU Community

Yellow Jackets Fail.

Just curious if anyone else has had a bad batch of yellowjackets?

Other mates use them no dramas, but on my car I have had 2x died already. I replaced one with a brand single yellowjacket a few months ago, and now another one has just died.

I don't want to replace this one, and have another die on me.. and by the time I know it I would have gone through all 6 lol.

I've e-mailed performance-wise he might be able to help

• 3 weeks later...

The number of failed yellow jackets I have seen in entry level Motorsport events is amazing. Neumerouse power levels and configurations. I'm getting sick off pulling my stock coils out and swapping to prove a point to the people that say " I only just brought them they couldn't be stuffed"

My advice is to just fit brand new oem items as they are a similar price to yellow jackets anyway.

I've done the same kilometres on my car with Yellow Jackets without issue.

Had mine in my old car (Stagea) for around 3-4 years and they did around 80K kms with no issues at all.

I put some in my R34 GTR (same type of coils) about 6 months ago and have done around 15K. so far so good.

Id rather purchase a genuine product from a reputable trader that offers a good long local warranty than some fly by night ebay scammer selling fake OEMs.

Anyone on here had to make a warranty claim on these coils with performance wise? How was the experience?

Id rather purchase a genuine product from a reputable trader that offers a good long local warranty than some fly by night ebay scammer selling fake OEMs.

Anyone on here had to make a warranty claim on these coils with performance wise? How was the experience?

You are obviously speaking from experience with the ebay oem coils?

Edited by StevenCJR31

You are obviously speaking from experience with the ebay oem coils?

deadset simple, Paul was willing to help. Mine were out of warranty and I had no receipt, but he was more than happy to give me a new one at a heavily discounted price

• 2 months later...

Just went to out my yellow jackets on today and I thought I could just remove old OEM ones and put these ones in sweet as.. But no..

The plug at the top is different to what's on my loom.. And it won't push in.. :( gay

Do I need an adaptor or something?

Sounds like you have ordered the wrong type for your car maybe?

Whats your car and which YJs did you order?

Well they were with the car I didn't purchase them myself. I was told they were for an rb20det. They look exactly like an OEM rb20det coilpack (apart from the colour obviously)

The only difference is my rb20 plugs that go into the top of the coilpack have holes like this _ _ _ but the yellow jacket plug on the coilpack is | | |

I'm talking about the metal bits inside the plug.

I'm not aware what you get in the pack, box was unopened and brand new.

x6 yellow jacket coilpacks

x6 random little black clips

You have the wrong coil packs to suit your car. The ones you have are for the early model RB20 from R31s etc...

Whats the part number on the blue YJ box? Is it YJ-RB20313233?

The coils you need are YJ-RB202526-S1

Wow... Yeah wrong ones.. Only reason I went to change is because I have the 5000rpm missfire problem and I can't see any cracks on my old OEM ones and have no idea how to tape them.

I took today off cause I can't get to work.. Looks like I'm off for a week until I get this crap sorted :(

• 3 weeks later...

ive been using yellow jackets on my rb25 running 370hp, been drifting with the car and normal driving ect ect even on very hot days, they run great so far.. my brother also has some on his sr20 running over 300 hp and no issues.. i am really happy with the yellow jackets for sure :)