SAU Community

Traction Probs with rwd Cars

haha ive had a moment in 4th at 100km+ on a wet freeway next to a hsv SLIDEWAYZ

show us the footage whatisname!

i might get hankooks K104s soon see how we go with the real wheel traction, if its still crap you guys are all paying for those tyres!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barring wet/greasy conditions, i'm running falken's - the only time i loose grip is near max leaving 1/2, and then 3rd, 4th when it's a tad wet. - although the tires will need changing soon, but they've not been ripped at all.

I'm a pretty new 'line driver, and getting used to the Rwd has been a bitch after many years of BM's and Saab's. (Esp 90Deg Corners under power!)

I have no idea of my output - '96 St, T04, Mines, Pod, High Flow Cat, Adjustable Front Shocks, stock rears - etc, etc...

I'll see if I can get it hosted tomorrow at work - if I can find it. If Martin (Donnon) is reading this he should remember that pass - he's leaning against the wall in the vid :D

Edit: I found the vid. It's very dark, so I'll see if I can lighten it up a touch at work tomorrow. It doesn't look all that scary in the video to be honest - just a little wobble and that's about it.

It is sooo true that size isn't EVERYTHING when it comes to traction. I had Falken Azenis 255/40/17's on my R32 with 217rwkw and it spun like crazy from 1st through to 3rd. If you took off normally, then hammered the throttle in second the tail would end up sideways like crazy. DECENT tyres go a long way, as aforemetnioned. Suspension & alignment setup is crucial, I think Sydneykid posted up what his ideal settings were for 200 plus rwkw cars...have it saved somewhere...will try to find the info and post it up.