SAU Community

Fs: Brand Newquaife Differential Qdf10L (Suit V35/350Z 5At Diff)

Brand New & unused Quaife Differential QDF10L. To suit V35 5AT Diffs. Paid $1650 landed inc stub axle flange but you won't need it for 5AT's. So will sell Quaife diff only for $1500 or super low price of $1300 if picked up/dispatched by April 5 '13.

Perfect for either stock or built applications.

Reason for sale: Turns out after pulling the diff a part I have a 6MT diff installed with a 3.7 Final Drive.

The diff on the right of this pic:

k18ggw.jpg

$50 extra if you require stub axle flange that's shown here.

33m1sp1.jpg

Edited by Magic

what does this do to the cars?

You could simply Google yourself but:

The Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing (ATB) differential enables your car to accelerate quicker and corner faster. How?

By getting the power to the ground!

The Quaife differential powers both

drive wheels under nearly all conditions, instead of just one. With an ordinary open differential, standard on most cars, a lot of precious power is wasted during wheelspin under acceleration. This happens because the open differential shifts power to the wheel with less grip (along the path of least resistance). The Quaife, however, does just the opposite. It senses which wheel has the better grip, and biases the power to that wheel. It does this smoothly and constantly and without ever completely removing power from the other wheel.

In drag-race style, straight-line acceleration runs, this results in a close to ideal 50/50 power split to both drive wheels, resulting in essentially twice the grip of an ordinary differential (they don't call open diffs "peg legs" for nothing).

In cornering, while accelerating out of a turn, the Quaife biases power to the outside wheel, reducing inside-wheel spin. This allows the driver to begin accelerating earlier, exiting the corner at a higher speed.

The Quaife also controls loss of traction when the front wheels are on slippery surfaces such as ice and snow or mud, providing the appropriate biased traction needed to overcome these adverse conditions. The Quaife differential provides constant and infinitely variable drive. Power is transferred automatically without the use of normal friction pads or plates seen in other limited-slip designs.

The Quaife's unique design offers maximum traction, improves handling and steering, and puts the power where it is needed most. A definite advantage whether on the track or on the street.

The Quaife is extremely strong and durable and since the Quaife is gear operated, it has no plates or clutches that can wear out and need costly replacement.

Every Quaife differential comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

We are so confident in the durability of the Quaife, we back it up for life.

The Quaife is great for street driving or racing. Racers don't have to put up with locking mechanisms or spools that tear the steering wheel out of their hands when cornering. Because it behaves like an open differential during ordinary driving, street drivers will have trouble telling it's there until pushing the car's limits.

The Quaife has been proven in everything from compact drag racing to Pro Rally to Formula 1. The Quaife ATB Differential provides racers with such an advantage, it has become "required" equipment for a winning effort.

Expand your vehicle's limits with the Quaife Differential!

• It makes power work FOR you, not against you.

• Get the power to both drive wheels, not just one.

• Accelerate quicker. Corner faster.

• Without losing driveability.

• The Quaife directly replaces the stock differential inside your transmission.

• Once installed, it never needs rebuilds.

• Every Quaife Differential has a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Quaife Differentials require no modification to install in a Base model vehicle with open style factory diff. However if your car is equipped with a factory LSD you have two possible options to properly isntall an aftermarket Limited Slip Differential:

A) Purchase a Base Model LSD and add the optiona Stub Shaft assmebly
B) Purchase the Factory LSD Model LSD and DO NOT purchase the Stub Shaft assembly.

• 2 weeks later...

Still for sale. I bought another diff off a 5AT with a different final drive, and it still had the same height difference. I think it may need a manual crown ring and pinion from a 6MT, if someone can verify that and/or sell me a ring and pinion from 6MT I may hold onto it or would help the buyer of this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...