SAU Community

Stock Bottom End Rb30Det

kev_31t

hey guys this build is starting to drive me crazy, im finding so many different opinions on what should be done to build a decent rb30det, i have just aquired a low k rb 30, now my plans at this stage are to fit it with acl race bearings and a decent set of rings but retain the factory na bottom end, i am a qualified mechanic so that is no issue building that... i have a 25det head which i am in the process of getting its cleaned up and freshened (recut valves, new stem seals weld vct feed etc) what i would like clarification on is what i can expect out of this setup with say a gt35r, nistune ecu, injectors to suit, decent cooler, crank collar with 25det pump and what ever else i have forgotten, bare in mind i am only a mechanic so my budget is by no means huge haha. id be absolutely stoked with a reliable 250+rwkw, and inputs would be greatly appreciated cheers guys

• Like 1

1. Read the RB30 build pdf

2. Read the RB30 upgrade thread to see what power people are making with what mods.

If you only want 250RWKW a hypergear turbo or GT3076 will suffice.

Just above your post

Here is the thread: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/15420-r33-rb30-conversion/

here is the pdf in that thread:http://stevenwelsh.site.net.au/RB30_DOHC.pdf

here is the RB30 turbo upgrade thread: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/104332-rb30-hybrid-upgrade-all-dyno-results/

im a bit of a forum newb how do i locate said threads?? cheers

to be honest i wouldnt even bother doing rings and bearings if the rb30 you have is a good condition running engine.

for example.. my rb26/30 is stock as a rock only things i have done is oil restrictors, shimmed up oil pump and rb25 sump. MLS headgasket and ARP studs hold it all together.

i make 395 rwkw and the car is a drift car and has been going for ages like that. running e85 and 35R turbo.

• Like 1

holy crap, well i guess that could be money better spent on other things cheers guys, what advantage does a rb25 sump give u as i have one spare, shimmed up your rb25 or 30 oil pump?? what oil restrictors would u recommend, im planning on running external vct feed, thanks heaps guys!!

25 sump has two windage walls on the back of the sump. needs to be ground to clear the crank. other then that its the same.

block off the front feed and put a 1.5mm restrictor in the rear. run the VCT feed as per the guide but make sure that it also has restrictor.

i just shimmed the 30E pump

nah its 2-3mm just to clear the crank. easy to do

do u just take it off the rear part?? what computer do u run?? sorry about all the questions i just really wanna get this thing going properly

yeah just the rear part... its pretty strasight forward when you go to fit the sump to the block and turn the crank over.. it fouls

i run a P1000 haltech

haltech would be awesome to run!!!i just pulled the head off my 135,000 k bottem end and its as clean as a whistle, but i did find oil in the intake pipe so might have a bit of blow by so it may require a reco, what kind of revs does urs pull mate??

yeh i dont wanna rev mine too hard as it will still get street driven, and i wanna keep it reliable so id like about 300rwkw at the most, but it seems im gunna have to freshen this bottem end up unfortunately..... can u boys recommend a decent computer to run that doesnt require an afm and wont cost me a gazillion bucks