SAU Community

Stock Bottom End Rb30Det

kev_31t

the two ecu's we mentioned shit all over the PFC dejetro in terms of features and performance.

where you from mate?

as long as there not super expensive ill look into it mate as this is just a secondary project haha, im from victoria

find the tuner you are going to use, and ask them what they recommend.

some tuners prefer one ecu to the other.

best to get what they know for better tuning results.

im personally running a haltech platinum pro plug in.

wouldnt go anything else.

I'm not sure about ACL rings but its well known ACL race bearings are a good staple item for building a Nissan.

Personally if the motor is getting rings just spend the money on a set of pistons.. The added compression will make it nicer to drive on the road.

I'm not sure about ACL rings but its well known ACL race bearings are a good staple item for building a Nissan. Personally if the motor is getting rings just spend the money on a set of pistons.. The added compression will make it nicer to drive on the road.

is there any piston options besides forged?? thanks for all the input guys i really appreciate it, i just really wanna do this thing right and get it going reliably

is there any piston options besides forged?? thanks for all the input guys i really appreciate it, i just really wanna do this thing right and get it going reliably

most manufacturers offer non forged pistons for those that just want a standard rebuild.

although, if youre going to the trouble, why not go forged?

if built right, they may have a slight bit more noise when cold, then be fine when warm.

and if/when you mod, theyre already there, to take the punishment.

most manufacturers offer non forged pistons for those that just want a standard rebuild.

although, if youre going to the trouble, why not go forged?

if built right, they may have a slight bit more noise when cold, then be fine when warm.

and if/when you mod, theyre already there, to take the punishment.

i understand forged is better but at this stage i just wanna get it going i will build another bottem end and head combo over time, id rather spend the extra cash on a decent computer turbo and fuel system

i understand forged is better but at this stage i just wanna get it going i will build another bottem end and head combo over time, id rather spend the extra cash on a decent computer turbo and fuel system

if you just want it going, id try, and I emphasis try, to find a decent 2nd hand bottom end.

or complete motor.

just a thought.

That was my initial plan too with my RB30 build. Picked up a short block that was advertised to be in great condition. Ran a compression test on it, checked oil pressures everything came out great. Put a 3k rev limit on the ECU and broke it in for 1000 kms. Strapped it on a dyno, pushed it to 5k rpm and the bearings took a dump and jammed the engine. Had to be towed off the dyno back to the shop. After almost 3 months building and anticipation, it just plain sucked. Really don't wish it upon anyone.

We had to take everything apart and redo the whole thing again. Would've been a lot cheaper (and faster) for me to do it right from the beginning and go with Forgies, Race Bearings and a Billet Oil Pump.. lesson learnt for sure. I know many of course that just slapped a stock one and had zero issues.

That was my initial plan too with my RB30 build. Picked up a short block that was advertised to be in great condition. Ran a compression test on it, checked oil pressures everything came out great. Put a 3k rev limit on the ECU and broke it in for 1000 kms. Strapped it on a dyno, pushed it to 5k rpm and the bearings took a dump and jammed the engine. Had to be towed off the dyno back to the shop. After almost 3 months building and anticipation, it just plain sucked. Really don't wish it upon anyone.

We had to take everything apart and redo the whole thing again. Would've been a lot cheaper (and faster) for me to do it right from the beginning and go with Forgies, Race Bearings and a Billet Oil Pump.. lesson learnt for sure. I know many of course that just slapped a stock one and had zero issu

i cant quite figure out how u guys can be so against throwing a set of decent bearings and new rings, wont starting off with a fresh engine be better than slapping together an engine that i know has excess blowby i just dont get it