SAU Community

Group buy on R33 GTS Front Pipe/Dump Pipe and Hi Flow Cat Co

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

I've met BY BY in real life only recently, and he's a really nice guy - so will you pricks trying to sour a good thing, that BY BY has been organising with his own time and resources for the better of most of us skyliners.

That is all :(

-Darky.

Darky: thanks for the support

Grim and INASNT: Sorry if you think im rude but unappreciative fc-wits like you two are NOT the people im doing this for. Like darky said I have put alot of work into this deal which IS happening, in my OWN time. I work 6 days a week, and study at night which does NOT leave me ****loads of time. Out of that time im organising this for us all. Its people like Grim (damned if i know how the fcuck you are a moderator) and INASNT who seem to feel the need to do nothing but critisise this deal and my intentions.

show some fcuking gratitude and if YOU dont intend to purchase items from this deal and are only here to bad mouth my efforts then once again get the FCUK off my thread.

People like Darky, Jay, Ni5mo, Merli (for the loan of the parts) and so many others have my thanks for their patience and help so far.

We are now a little over a week off while Peter at Hi Tech (who need i remind you had Neumonia for over 3 weeks) races and puts off other work to finish this for us.

Another pointer for you all is this group buy has not demanded any money up front and WILL deliver on promises. There are only benefits to be reaped here.

ANOTHER point also, there have been people on here who dont even drive skylines whom has pm'd me asking how to obtain the same price as our group buy. For these people as long as i have time i am personally ringing Hi tech and having them looked after the same way. IN MY OWN TIME

Apologies if my response is deemed as overly rude but some people are really giving me the shi-tes with their attitude.

Cheers

Nick

you need to chill out mate and watch your language.

my point is this:

This thread has been running for well over 4 months here and on SDU.

To get a dump pipe made it is a simple matter of getting the dimensions of the head of the stock dump pipe, taking those dimensions and some chunks of metal to a laser cutter who can plug the dimensions into the system and cut your metal to shape on the spot. Then you get a **** load of piping and weld it to the piece and bolt that onto the turbo.

How do I know this? I called my local performance exhaust centre and he said it would be ready in a couple of days.

So you are either getting screwed around by whoever you are using or they have no idea what they are doing.

Don't whinge about how you haven't got much time...we don't give a sh1t. We are all busy people.

Apologies if my response is deemed as overly rude

Apology accepted :(

Grim:

A) the apology was not directed at you.

B) Yes if it was a (1) off dump pipe it would take under a day.

read my previous post, dont like it? piss off and stop putting a downer on this excerise mate.

:cuss:

1 dump pipe or 30...what's the difference? They'll all be the same unless you going to extreme lengths to custom make a dump for each person.

I don't intend to put you down for doing this...it is great that you are putting in effort for the benefit of others. My only point is it is taking a very long time to produce even a template so what happens when the exhaust place you are going thru get orders from 30 people here? Will they have to wait another 6 months to receive the completed product?

The process I described earlier is quite simple and doesn't really take that long.

its like the blind leading the blind Grim

The hold up is that all the bits are being made as we speak. Ie in just over a week everything will be ready for pickup and ready to bolt up.

The templates are completed, dyno testing sorted and parts are being completed at the Hi Tech factory in Bathurst.

what part of "get off my thread" dont you understand?

what part of "get off my thread" dont you understand?

BY BY this is a public forum and you do not dictate where or when people can post. Remember that. This is an open discussion and I am raising valid points even if they conflict with your opinions. I stated my reasons for doing so in my previous post.

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by Grim

you need to chill out mate and watch your language.

my point is this:

This thread has been running for well over 4 months here and on SDU.

To get a dump pipe made it is a simple matter of getting the dimensions of the head of the stock dump pipe, taking those dimensions and some chunks of metal to a laser cutter who can plug the dimensions into the system and cut your metal to shape on the spot. Then you get a **** load of piping and weld it to the piece and bolt that onto the turbo.

How do I know this? I called my local performance exhaust centre and he said it would be ready in a couple of days.

So you are either getting screwed around by whoever you are using or they have no idea what they are doing.

Don't whinge about how you haven't got much time...we don't give a sh1t. We are all busy people.

Apology accepted :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

exactly what i was thinkin! i was gonna get my dump made when i got the rest of the exhaust done when they wanted by car for 1 more day, yes 1 MORE DAY to laser cut the flage dimensions off the back of the turbo to match the new dump, but i needed the car back so i didnt get it done!!

It doesnt take 4 months to make a template of the flange!:confused:

If you d*ckheads don't want to buy the exhaust, then don't buy the ***n exhaust.

Why don't you try organising something like this before you criticise others?

The reason it's been taking so long is far out of BY BY's control. And you must understand that to get something mass-produced takes a hell of alot longer than making 1 or 2 of something.

I know it may cause your feeble brains alot of stress, but try & think before you post.....

Mate the only feeble brain is yours if you are unable to comprehend my points made above. It does NOT take 4 months to laser cut and weld a few flanges and pipes, this group buy is FAR from a mass-production (there's probably about 15 of you at the most right?), and I understand it is out of BY BY's control and therefore it is the fault of the exhaust producer, and yes I could organise a group buy like this in a matter of 1-2 weeks.

Look, what BY BY is doing for us is fantastic, it is about time someone organised to have these parts produced locally for all us Skyline drivers so we don't have to order over-priced Jap brands. It really is a great deal for $700, if you are patient. As you can see, I'm clearly not.

Please leave your thoughts and opinions elsewhere.

Everyone is entitled to free speech - granted.

But repeated comments like these are not taken lightly.

You can criticise the manufacturer assisting us with this group buy all you want. The fact that you continue putting this activity down doesnt reflect well on you. As Cereal said, you made your point several posts ago that you thought the group buy revolved around an "imaginary" concept. We all heard you. you will not be seeing any benefit from this so go and get your dump pipe sorted somewhere else.

There are many more than 15 people, in fact closer to 30 lined up for these, i dont see them complaining as I keep everyone in the loop every time i get an update.Fortunately 90% of the people who have approached me and even some who ARENT buying anything have shown their appreciation and passed on good comments for my effort

Again you have made your point so please refrain from badmouthing this or making it known that you can get such a better and more efficient deal elsewhere.

It takes a true asshole to go out of their way to taint something like this after my months of work.

I am quite surprised how such a impatient bastard like yourself who is acting this way on these forums deserves Moderator status let alone got it in the first place. Buts thats another story.

Im very disappointed at the recent posts.

I can assure you i will re think any plans to organise similar activities in the future.

Nick

Originally posted by Grim

Mate the only feeble brain is yours if you are unable to comprehend my points made above. It does NOT take 4 months to laser cut and weld a few flanges and pipes, this group buy is FAR from a mass-production (there's probably about 15 of you at the most right?), and I understand it is out of BY BY's control and therefore it is the fault of the exhaust producer, and yes I could organise a group buy like this in a matter of 1-2 weeks.

Look, what BY BY is doing for us is fantastic, it is about time someone organised to have these parts produced locally for all us Skyline drivers so we don't have to order over-priced Jap brands. It really is a great deal for $700, if you are patient. As you can see, I'm clearly not.

15? You're a fu*king genius mate. Are you stupid?

They're being made by Hi-Tech Mufflers. One of the biggest hi-performance exhaust retailers in Sydney. Have you seen the big ads in Hot 4's every month? They have hi-per kits for both Rex's & S15's at the moment and this development is for the R33.

Once again: THINK BEFORE YOU POST......

Sure they'll probably sell 100's of them over the next few years...15 was an approximation of the number of people in this forum who will actually participate in this group buy. Please correct me if I'm way off the ball here BY BY. Do you have more than 15-20 people who have signed up and put down a deposit or are you taking 'pledges to buy' at this point?

Grim: move your ****e to the wasteland if u want to complain do it on a new thread for ****s sake quit it.

jesus

Show that you are a remotely decent person and delete your sour posts and if u must re post them in the wasteland where we can continue this conversation instead of completely sabotaging my thread.

im am now very pisssed of.

Guest DFLASH

Nick has put in alot of time and effort into this group buy and we should all appreciate what he's trying to do for everyone.

Nick offered me to participate, which I really wanted to, but due to my circumstances, I had to get my exhaust re-aligned as it was scraping my driveway, so I was in a rush to get it all done. Do you see me on here bitching and whining like a girl that its taking so long? HELL NO! I just went and got it elsewhere cause I couldn't wait.

So if you're an impatient bastard like you have certainly made obvious, then take your **** elsewhere.

It's not easy to organise a group buy that involves some research and development. Fair enough if it was a group buy for an AVC-R or a manufactured product, 4 months is way too long, but this is a new custom product that will be mass-produced. Things don't just come out of thin air.

If you are going to make something, then better to make it right the first time than rush it and make a bodged job.

The main guy was off work due to health problems, i think we should appreciate the fact that there are certain circumstances that occur beyond our control.

If your exhaust place says it will take a few days, then stop bitching and go get it done there. So what if this is taking a long time, the guys who want it appreciate the effort that Nick has put into this which will save them money and end up with a good product and they are willing to wait. If you don't like the circumstances then don't participate. Simple as that.

To all out there interested in this group buy, don't let Grim's negative criticisms or should I say girly bitching and whining stop you. Nick is a good bloke and has gone out of his way to get this done. The finished product should be great and you will not be disappointed.

Thats all I have to say.

have a nice day :P

By By you said before that the dyno testing had been finished what was the power gain?

out of interest for those participating in the group buy, one of the WA guys got a custom stainless dump and front pipe made up and gained 40 rwhp with it. however it was a 3.5" unit.

so you guys should be looking at around 30rwhp gains

good luck and good motoring.

I also think the squabaling in this thread needs to stop.