SAU Community

Group buy on R33 GTS Front Pipe/Dump Pipe and Hi Flow Cat Co

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFL Jimbo!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick I have no idea what all those bits are, but I'm assuming from reading previous posts that it turns a cat-back exhaust into a full one (err a turbo-back one)??? is that right? :roll:

Shell - got it in one...... as i found the majority of R33s have cat back systems, this package will upgrade the cat to a higher flowing unit, upgrade the front pipe and upgrade the dump pipe which connects directly to the turbo.

From what I have heard - the instant increase over have a cat back only exhaust is fantastic...

nick

Gday all.

We are currently waiting on locating a factory dump pipe and front pipe off a R33 GTST to use to create a jig so Hi Tech can produce our new shiny bits :P

I will keep updating you all as we go.... its looking like being 2-3 weeks potentially which shouldnt be a problem as many of you have said a few weeks is better for you to organise money etc.

If anyone in sydney has a factory dump pipe or front section and is willing to donate it for the purpose of making a jig it would be much appreciated.

mail or pm me.

Nick

PS thanks to all for your patience through this excercise.

Morning all.

Another update.

I have sourced a factory front pipe and dump which was needed to create a jig to make all the parts for the group buy.

I will be taking these to hi tech over the weekend and fingers crossed in just over a week the parts will start to become available.

If this is a problem for any of you please let me know

Nick

The improvement is giant!!

I had a 3" kakimoto cat-back and replaced it with a 3 1/2" 5Zigen cat back and a 3 1/4" front and dump pipe (all HPC coated for lower engine-bay temperatures) with no cat and it was AWESOME!! so much better, since then (yesterday) i have had a 4" ultra high flow cat fitted and have lost no power (only flames and volume - :P )

What generous, kind and caring DEADSET f**kING LEGEND lent you his R33 dump pipe, front pipe, cat and genuine HKS box (which I want back btw) for the jig to be created?!?!

That guy must be so cool...

Andrew. :uh-huh:

Merli : :whip:

You big sexy bastard

Ok guys Hi Tech now has all the parts they need and are commencing the building of our dump pipes/front pipes etc straight away. They should be ready inside two weeks bearing in mind they are making alot of them to cover everyone who has contacted me about one.

We are also making up Cat back systems for R33 GTST for those of you unfortunately enough not to have one.

I will keep you posted.

Nick

PS we are doing the trial fit on my R33 so whilst this is being done i will take photos and post so you can all see the product.

Also looks like we will be having a group fitting day for all you sydneysiders so you can all rock up and have dump pipes etc fitted.

Anyone in Melb or QLD dont dispair we will be arranging freight for you

any questions? email me [email protected]

Been watching the progress so far.

Nice work BY BY :uh-huh:

A few questions.

As my GTSt R33 is still stock as a rock will..........

1. Does it affect Insurance, or do they need to be told?

2. How loud will it make it, not a big fan of loud exhaust's........silent but deadly is the way I want to keep it, also dont want to end up with a car that drones at 100kph.

3. What are the legal issues with Exhaust's EG emissions on a phat pipe and a high flow cat?

MRE: I am using an HKS cat back system currently and we have decided to develop a hi performance but quiet cat back system for the R33 when we trial fit the dump pipe combo to my car.

insurance should be told but wont be a problem

noise level will be very reasonable....

Once done we will probably send a batch to Hi Tech in QLD (yes there is one) as this might be easier for all you QLD'ers

Not long now.... cant wait...

PS MRE: if i take my foot a little of throttle when driving i cant almost hear nothing! louder on idle than actually going.... and mine is one of the louder cat back systems so it seems