SAU Community

Can Putting R32 Gtr In Rwd = Oil Pump Failure ?

I just got off the phone to the original owner of my r32 gtr who carried out the modifications and rebuild, he told me not to put in rwd drive because that's how he blew the n1 pump and required him to replace the bottom end bearings, he said he was doing a burn out when the oil pressure dropped, i'm confused with what could have caused this failure, the car has restrictors fitted to the block and a crank extension but doesn't have any oil control besides that? Since then the car has done over 5000kms and hasn't missed a beat, all I can think is that it has a mines ecu which are totally shit, could have the crank been incorrectly balanced?

Edited by geetea-are

Maybe didn't run enough oil either. I had oil pressure drop in my car on full boost with about 5 litres, added a extra litre and I have no more issues.

Just thought about it, doubt it would be the same problem. Probably just got happy on limiter for too long lol.

Edited by Run-It-Hard

thank you this is making me feel a lot better I have bought over 7 grands worth of parts that will be put on before October, then I rang the old owner to ask what head gasket he put on in the rebuild and he gave me this info............ i thought I couldn't get it tuned