SAU Community

Time For A New Turbo

Hey guys, im sure this has been covered a hundred times before, but im looking at upgrading my turbo and am looking for around 300kw at the rears. I have an pfc, z32 afm and 550 or 600cc injectors (not sure, bought them off a mate and he cant remember) and a walbro intank all waiting to go on. I want sumhing with good response, but a little bit of lag doesnt worry me. I have a ffp (fitted) and high mount manifold also, so external gate is fine. And i will be getting it tuned after the turbo amd everything else is fitted. All proper help would be greatly appreciated!

Check out Hypergear (on this forum). I have an ATR43G3 that has been dyno tested to over 300rwkw, however i think they have made more responsive turbos with greater power potential since i bought mine.

Otherwise Garret 3076r seems to be a popular choice as well

Finding information about turbos for a newb is very hard.

With so many turbos on the market and most of them with the same generic ID it's really hard to find information.

If people started to post the name of the manufacturer and turbo ID, life would be easier and you wouldn't have so many turbo threads.

Also we need boost and nm torque dyno sheets, kw's mean nothing without the other supporting information that tells you how it will drive.

the hypergear atr43g2.5 has 50nm & 20kw & 2psi more than the hypergear atr43g3 at 3000rpm

Or is the way i read dyno graphs wrong?

I assume you are just looking for some thing bolton to stock manifold and dump. If that is the case you can run our latest SS2 and G3 RB25 dump internally gated units. The 98 graphs from our site are old, Unfortunately all of our latest turbos and ideas was tested on E85. So best to check out the E85 results, and take 40kws off top to estimate 98 result.