SAU Community

FS: Digital dash and rs232 for stock ecus

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys, i have been in touch with crystalfontz about this ...

here is what i found...

I use their software on my pc to display motherboard monitor stats, all very useful, and works perfectly with any hd44780

anyway ...

I was looking at :

http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/2004a...#CFAH2004ATMIJP

but didnt want this type of blue screen, so asked them directly if this :

http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/1602l...#CFAH1602LTGHJP

type of colour screen was available in 20x4 .. and it is !!!!

hoorah !

below is the reply i had from them regarding it :

Obviously it does work out to be slightly pricey, but you get a screen that is a very close match to the standard dash colours. They are also just standard hd44780 lcd modules that are a direct replacement to impakts screens. Have a look at

http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/index-std.html

any of the 20x4 screens will be a direct replacement if you so wish, and would take about 15 mins to swap them over i rekkon...

here is the mail :-

This is not a stocked item, but it can be ordered.

Here is the pricing information. Lead time is 6-8 weeks for < 1000, 8-10 weeks for > 1000.

CFAH2004L-TGH-JTW

Pricing:

1-9: US$59.52

10-19: US$46.77

20-49: US$40.48

50-99: US$36.12

100-199: US$32.15

200-499: US$29.3

500-999: US$25.51

1000-1999: US$23.96

2000-2999: US$22.94

3000-4999: US$22.69

5000-9999: US$22.18

10000+: US$21.71

Discounts are based on per-order/per-shipment. For example, 10K units shipped as a 1K order per month for 10 months qualifies for the 1000 piece price.

International orders must be paid in advance by wire transfer.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Yotis: No idea whether it will work on the R34. AFAIK they have an OBD-II connector, and not sure if they support the CONSULT I protocol.

tang0: Glad you are happy. Atm i only have 1 left!

Impakt

Ah ok.. if anyone from gold coast or brisbane area purchases one from you impakt, could you forward my enquiry to them? Would b interested to see if it works with my car. :cheers:

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

From what I've seen yes it uses Consult-II as opposed to Consult-I but that's just for actually diagnosing codes and altering data on-board the ECU. But they both use the same base OBD-II language whcih should decode as normal.

Either way I think it's worth a shot just to plug it in and see.

BTW Ed where is the Consult connector in the 34? Just had a quick look around the fuse panela nd couldn't see it????

From what I've seen yes it uses Consult-II as opposed to Consult-I but that's just for actually diagnosing codes and altering data on-board the ECU. But they both use the same base OBD-II language whcih should decode as normal.

Either way I think it's worth a shot just to plug it in and see.

BTW Ed where is the Consult connector in the 34? Just had a quick look around the fuse panela nd couldn't see it????

Should be below the little pocket compartment to the right of the steering column.

Let me know if you need me to take a pic.

Have you worked out yet how to pull the maps out of the ecu. I'm asking because I've got a r32 gtr mines chipped ecu (glued in chip) and I want to pull the map out of it and knock a little timming of the top rpm points and add a little fuel in the middle and burn a new chip and install it into a standard ecu. Cheaper than buying a pfc since I'm not upgrading inj, afm or turbs. Eeprom reader/writer is only $130 and the softwares free! All I need is the map off the mines.

Nice work thou. Its good to see your sussing it out!