SAU Community

FS: Digital dash and rs232 for stock ecus

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Some of you may know that i was working on a digital dash for the stock Nissan ecus.

Well the time has finally come! I have got all the parts together to make 10 and already have made one to prove the concept.

Attached is a pic (taken with my phone) that shows it in action, and sitting there with the (proper) Consult connector.

It plugs into the Consult diagnostic port and displays 8 sensors at a time, in realtime.

The sensors/data you can choose from are:

rpm

speed (km/h and mph)

afm voltage

injector pulse width

injector duty cycle

coolant temp

ignition timing

tps voltage

absolute tps position (%age)

EGT voltage (if supported by ecu)

o2 sensor voltage

AAC position (%age)

battery voltage

Lean/Rich Indicator

Flags (On/off indicators): Closed TPS, A/C Relay, A/C Compressor, Fuel pump, start switch, VTC solenoid, thermo fans, and a few others.

All of these variables depend on whether your ecu supports them.

The device also has a serial port so you can connect your laptop to it and log the data. I am currently testing a program that pulls fault codes and erases them, logs data, does a fuel map trace(!), and a few other things.

You can also read the stock maps from the ecu with a laptop. And no, you can’t tune the ecu with this!  

It also has a peak-hold function, so it will remember the max rpm, duty cycle, pulse width, afm voltage, water temp etc, and store it in memory for recall later...

Final price is $300AU + shipping. Those of you in Sydney are welcome to come past Unigroup Engineering and check it out (when i'm there, let me know before hand).

I can either sell a basic version which shows the variables that 99% of Nissan ecus support, or do a test on an ecu from your car so I can custom make one which reads out as many things as your ecu supports. A custom one might not work on other Nissans though.

Impakt

Just wondering if there is a programe available for a pc that will allow you to hoock it up through a com port to monitor the same info if you dont want/need to mount it in your car and might be able to show all of the senser outputs at one time.

Currently a PC program is being developed that will monitor/log the same data that the display processes. This means that you can have the dash installed with a laptop logging everything the dash displays.

There are already programs that do monitoring/logging and many other things too.

So did you want a PC program that worked in conjunction with the display, or just a program that had similar features to it?

Impakt

Currently a PC program is being developed that will monitor/log the same data that the display processes. This means that you can have the dash installed with a laptop logging everything the dash displays.

There are already programs that do monitoring/logging and many other things too.

So did you want a PC program that worked in conjunction with the display, or just a program that had similar features to it?

Impakt

Im not sure how these units work and not an expert on computers either. Just wondering if there was a way to get a laptop to translate the signals that come back through the consult port its self without the use of the unit.

Im guessing not but just though I would ask and how.

Is there any way of linking other imput signals for such things as oil pressure senders or aditional temp sensors etc?

Forgot to ask a couple more things.

I read somewhere it will work with the piggyback style units as well, will this then show the true signals for what is actually happening in your motor or just what the original stock ecu is "seeing" after the piggyback unit has changed the values?

Also would this work with re-written ecu's that have had speed cuts taken off or written to suit bigger afm or injectors?

Sorry if any of these questions have been addressed already.

No you can't use a laptop on its own to use the translation. You need an interface between the ECU and laptop, which this display has built in.

The display has a provision on board to allow extra analog sensors to be plugged in. If your extra sensors spits out an analog voltage the display can be used to show these.

It will work fine with piggyback units, and will show what the ECU is "seeing".

Yes, it will work with chipped ECUs. I have mine working n an sr20 ecu with 600cc injectors and z32 afm.

Impakt

Update: A logging program is now available, which actively logs the datastream from the NissDataScan.

logger.jpg

This means that you can log the data AND use the display at the same time! The best thing about this is that the program is free! It's available for download

here

Note: This program will not work without the NissDataScan, and it useless on its own.

Impakt