SAU Community

World Time Attack Gtr32 Bc Automotive

stevena

Been thinking and discussing with a friend what price you could you possible get for my fully caged shell if I was to sell it all in parts stripped?

Also anyone want to take a guess what I could sell the whole motor for?

Now were only discussing this so not sure what will happen as yet. But some realistic guesses would be great.

shell maybe 3-4k and might take a while, depending on what sweeteners you add with it.

motor maybe 15-18k could also take a bit and as above depends what extras are on it. i forget what you actually have in terms of internals and all the like.

i've stripped a few before but never really sold a shell, usually fill it with scrap metal and get about 400-500

at the end of the day your always going to make more in parts than complete.

• 2 weeks later...

Car is no longer for sale, I couldn't part with it. I was selling cheap Because funds were going into another gtr32 to compete in pro class this year. So if I can raise 63400 that should see this beast hit pro class, with the aim of a 1.23 lap time. I know it can be done I just have to raise the funds some how. Another fun year ahead lol.

• Like 1

Yeah 63k ish should be enough to get the lap times downs on top of this car already. That means full floor with more aero, more power, and new suspension. But raising that money will be difficult so not planning on doing any time attack events yet, I just want to get into it and drive it sometime next month. Maybe a winton day or wrx Calder next month. Will see.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is true, picked up the car from vpw in epping which we had on display. car stolen between roughly 1pm and 6.30pm, on an open tandem trailer ready to be transported back to bc automotive from my place in essendon. Trailer was locked secure. Middle of the day, someone had to have seen something or know something, we've had a report already in regards to a trailer spotted at an address and cops are on it. If anyone hears anything please contact the police, if anyone notices second hand parts for sale please check the serial numbers on em prior to purchase. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since the monster isn't competing I can show one of the power graphs prior to the event at wtac. At world time attack it was turned up even more but I don't have that graph as it was on phil armours dyno. I could ask, but this should give you an indication of what was going on.

post-19978-0-77921000-1400492833_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I should also mention the reason the graph drops off around 7500 is from wheel spin. Rev limit was 8800. Even with 3 fat people in the boot couldn't stop it from spinning on Brett's dyno. I'll try and get phill's dyno graphs.