SAU Community

Car Sat For A Month, Wont Start

I just sold my Skyline one month ago and the owner has been away working and when he tried starting it the car it started than died. It wouldn't start at all after woulds and he flattened the battery twice trying to get it going. He got the vehicle towed to a mechanics and they have told him the car has no compression??? WTF could this be caused from washing the bores? Car ran fine and never blew smoke apart from being too rich at start up and idle it had no other issues

He got the vehicle towed to a mechanics and they have told him the car has no compression??? WTF could this be caused from washing the bores?

Bore wash increases wear to the bore so yes a loss of compression can happen

Sounds like the "Mechanic" doesn't know shit from sugar or he's trying one on.

Buyer drives it home, parks it, doesn't do anything else, a month later tries to start it to no avail.

- Replace Plugs ($25) n Battery ($150) with new. Try start it.

If indeed the compression is low (no compression - pfffft) it was farked before sold.

IMHO anyway.

Sounds like the "Mechanic" doesn't know shit from sugar or he's trying one on.

Buyer drives it home, parks it, doesn't do anything else, a month later tries to start it to no avail.

- Replace Plugs ($25) n Battery ($150) with new. Try start it.

If indeed the compression is low (no compression - pfffft) it was farked before sold.

IMHO anyway.

The mechanic doesn't know shit? but yet yet your giving him advice to spend 175$ on parts which may only turn out to be a further kick in the guts

This is a easy

While he was away couple of hes pissed mates thought it was a great idea to take the skyline for a rap to Maccas to get a $2 cheeseburger or two

Nek Minit

Pushing it back where they got it from

• Like 1

Are you certain the guy was actually away working? Maybe he is lying and just raped the car for a month and then it died. Either way, it's got nothing to do with you. As long as it was running when he drove away then anything that happens after that is his problem.

• Like 1

Are you certain the guy was actually away working? Maybe he is lying and just raped the car for a month and then it died. Either way, it's got nothing to do with you. As long as it was running when he drove away then anything that happens after that is his problem.

Well said.

Simply put Yes I am. I believe the money is not wasted spent on these items. Not by the seller but by the buyer.

Cheaper option - clean existing plugs, swap in a battery from a mate and crank away....

-> Skyline works fine, not driven for a month, no compression - Some one is lying !!

If I didn't drive my GTR for a month. And then killed the battery twice trying to start it then I would do exactly what I advised.

My plugs will be fouled and my battery is likely also cactus. My compression would be 165-170 not 0psi

The mechanic doesn't know shit? but yet yet your giving him advice to spend 175$ on parts which may only turn out to be a further kick in the guts

• Like 1

Maybe check the compression yourself to make sure, I can remember a similar thing with an r31 my bro owned, it ended up being a cracked cylinder head....

Edited by AngryRBGTX

dead fuel in the tank ?

if he had never filled up and the fuel had been sitting in the car for how long before you sold it

nope, my fuel is a year old, started first go.

so much this.

no compression?

so, not 1 cylinder has an ounce of pressure?

I find it very hard to believe.

maybe no fuel pressure?

in which case, fuel pump.

and it wouldn't start.

do the usual.

test fuel, test spark, actual comp test(with vid results), and go from there

• 1 month later...