SAU Community

Stagea Turbo Upgrade

hi there, i own "00 stagea rs4 with the rb25 neo 6 turbo motor and have blown the turbo seals and pretty sure the bearings are on their way out too.

im just wondering if i should;

A- get it reconditioned and high flowed

B- buy a bigger better turbo

or C- buy second hand standard from a wreckers.

any help will be appreciated, sorry if this has already been discussed but i am just getting my head around the forum,

cheers

A - did you search?

B - do you have $5,000 to upgrade the turbo?

C - now that you are confused about B you may want to A.

I know that helps.

Welcome to SAU.

A - did you search?

B - do you have $5,000 to upgrade the turbo?

C - now that you are confused about B you may want to A.

I know that helps.

Welcome to SAU.

Nailed it! And yes Welcome!

Nailed it! And yes Welcome!

yea cheers guys. i have searched $960 for a high flow from hyper gear $1,900 for garrett spec $500 second hand standard. anybody had experience with this?

forums are for help so i thought i'd try... should probs simplify it for you little boys next time

yea cheers guys. i have searched $960 for a high flow from hyper gear $1,900 for garrett spec $500 second hand standard. anybody had experience with this?

forums are for help so i thought i'd try... should probs simplify it for you little boys next time

Little boys? :blink:

Maybe you should try elaborate rather than simplify so we know what you are trying to achieve ;)

Little boys? :blink:

Maybe you should try elaborate rather than simplify so we know what you are trying to achieve ;)

blown turbo. need a fix or replacement. what do you fellow nissan owners know about this? what is more reliable? what is the best opyion for a sub $1000 budget

blown turbo. need a fix or replacement. what do you fellow nissan owners know about this? what is more reliable? what is the best opyion for a sub $1000 budget

Right there is your problem! Turbo will generally require a tune so if your budget is $1000 get a stock one or similar!

No idea what supporting mods you have so that is what i would suggest!

motor is completely standardm mods later when i dont have to hide the turbo

You can hide majority of the low mounted turbos including the bigger ones (3076 etc).... Plenty of options but at this stage it sounds like your budget is not there! Cheap replacement will do until you can find the time/money to do it all properly!

You cannot put a non standard turbo on the car without tuning it. To do this means you will also need a computer that is tunable, and you will need it tuned on a dyno.

The cheapest possible outcome OTHER THAN replacing your stock turbo with another stock one would be to highflow your turbo, and to Nistune your ECU. The highflow will cost $960, a Nistune is about $1,000 at minimum supplied fitted and tuned. So it will cost you a bare minimum of $1,960 provided you can remove and install the new turbo yourself.

You are right though, forums are for help. We have helped thousands of people before you asking the simplest of all questions. A five second search would have told you what I said above, and it would have done a little bit of respect to the people who have spent the last decade building this forum to be the knowledge base that it is. You can understand why you will get shut down if you ask a question almost EVERYONE has asked before. You should also accept that we will school new users on what is expected of them on this forum, so you can learn to actually get some value from it rather than being spoon fed.

Furthermore, once you decide to spend the other $3,000 I mentioned in my first post on a proper intercooler, exhaust, fuel pump, boost controller, induction pipe, AFM and injectors you will also need another tune valued at a MINIMUM of $600. Also,if you are a little girl and cannot do the work yourself you should budget a couple of grand extra for labour on top of the above.

But of course, car forums are typically aimed at grown men - and little girls should stick to being bent over by mechanics.

I hope this was an eye opener for you, the forum needs more intelligent people to gain ranks and contribute, and less freeloaders just here to take a piss on everyones efforts.

• Like 1

You cannot put a non standard turbo on the car without tuning it. To do this means you will also need a computer that is tunable, and you will need it tuned on a dyno.

The cheapest possible outcome OTHER THAN replacing your stock turbo with another stock one would be to highflow your turbo, and to Nistune your ECU. The highflow will cost $960, a Nistune is about $1,000 at minimum supplied fitted and tuned. So it will cost you a bare minimum of $1,960 provided you can remove and install the new turbo yourself.

You are right though, forums are for help. We have helped thousands of people before you asking the simplest of all questions. A five second search would have told you what I said above, and it would have done a little bit of respect to the people who have spent the last decade building this forum to be the knowledge base that it is. You can understand why you will get shut down if you ask a question almost EVERYONE has asked before. You should also accept that we will school new users on what is expected of them on this forum, so you can learn to actually get some value from it rather than being spoon fed.

Furthermore, once you decide to spend the other $3,000 I mentioned in my first post on a proper intercooler, exhaust, fuel pump, boost controller, induction pipe, AFM and injectors you will also need another tune valued at a MINIMUM of $600. Also,if you are a little girl and cannot do the work yourself you should budget a couple of grand extra for labour on top of the above.

But of course, car forums are typically aimed at grown men - and little girls should stick to being bent over by mechanics.

I hope this was an eye opener for you, the forum needs more intelligent people to gain ranks and contribute, and less freeloaders just here to take a piss on everyones efforts.

thank you for that. i have the turbo off the car and putting a new one on will be no problem so dont worry i wont be taking anything from behind (although i am a first year). i guess i'll go standard and just start saving for all the supporting mods before i go bigger and just go all out later down the track. i also just want to say that i understand this is not where to ask what to buy but it's can't be bad to ask opinions on different options and hear from more experienced people like yourself and others rather than trial by error where it's not needed.

thankyou again :)

thank you for that. i have the turbo off the car and putting a new one on will be no problem so dont worry i wont be taking anything from behind (although i am a first year). i guess i'll go standard and just start saving for all the supporting mods before i go bigger and just go all out later down the track. i also just want to say that i understand this is not where to ask what to buy but it's can't be bad to ask opinions on different options and hear from more experienced people like yourself and others rather than trial by error where it's not needed.

Yep fair call... As a first year its a good car to start with and you will learn HEAPS by reading through build threads and also suss out the DIY section too! Heaps of useful stuff!

All good. I like your attitude a LOT better in this post!

A tip: the best thing to do is to search first and read what has been said, usually you will work out what you want to know. If you find a thread that is mostly relevant to your question BUT doesn't answer all your questions, you should ask your question in there. The reason for this is so that future users will be able to find answers easier, rather than having to search across a multitude of threads. Of course, if you can't find anything of relevance you should then start your own thread.

FYI the motor in your Series 2 Stagea is the same as what is found in an R34 GT-T (RB25DET NEO), so you will be able to use technical threads on that motor also.

If you have any questions feel free to drop a PM, I am happy to help.

• Like 2

A tip: the best thing to do is to search first and read what has been said, usually you will work out what you want to know. If you find a thread that is mostly relevant to your question BUT doesn't answer all your questions, you should ask your question in there. The reason for this is so that future users will be able to find answers easier, rather than having to search across a multitude of threads. Of course, if you can't find anything of relevance you should then start your own thread.

FYI the motor in your Series 2 Stagea is the same as what is found in an R34 GT-T (RB25DET NEO), so you will be able to use technical threads on that motor also.

This sort of thing is what makes SAU the best to be on :yes:

• Like 1

look like i gotta do some exploring around this forum and some wreckers haha. thanks i wasnt sure what model my stagea was built around, i had people telling me the 33 gtr.

i'll send you a message if i get stuck or need some pointers and will post a thread when i get my car back on the road (i only got to drive it twice after buying it before the turbo died)

thanks again and thanks to everyone else who replied.

see how i go haha :)

Don't forget to use all new gaskets either will you. If you do decide to do a hypergear hiflow and put it on your standard rb25 neo DO NOT RUN MORE THAN FACTORY BOOST mate. Stock replacement should be find to 9-10 psi without hitting R&R. Also good to hear your going to do plenty of hours of reading on the forum. There is 10 plus years of good info in and around this forum :)

So anything you your stuck with odds are its been covered as GTScotT has mentioned.