SAU Community

The Drunks Reference

luke gtr

well that's difficult to answer, it depends on your palate, buy the 12yo and if you like that then go for the bottle of 16

Just got one to try out first. Hopefully it goes down well - I'll find out soon enough. Review looks great but I'll watch it after I taste it first so I'm not prejudiced. Thanks heaps for the link though!

• Like 1

this guy is a bit cheesy but is quite accurate in his reviews...

http://youtu.be/gH8xeWkoOrM

Ralfy is a legend.......I have seen most of vids and can describe the quality of various SMW including other spirits so that most can easily understand.

Also, Tony how do you describe anCnoc 12yo and what do you rate it outa 10?

Description: Yummy!

Out of 10: Price: 8

Quality: 7

Value for money 9/10

It's really good considering that it's only $70!

The problem that I''ve had with it is that I haven't had a proper sit down tasting. Been rushed every time. :(

Description: Yummy!

Out of 10: Price: 8

Quality: 7

Value for money 9/10

It's really good considering that it's only $70!

The problem that I''ve had with it is that I haven't had a proper sit down tasting. Been rushed every time. :(

good stuff.

May have to give it a go.

U need to find time to really enjoy such prestigious moments to truly unravel what each dram is like.......which I know is very hard to have when your busy

One Whisky I highly recommend is Highland Park 12yo

The most northernest Scottish distillery which has truly wonderful and rather unique flavours compared to other mainland SMW distilleries.

It's a available at DM for less than $70 and is truly a hit for people that enjoy a fine Havana due to its smokiness, honey heather, and sweetness that lasts and lasts.......just beautiful

Did I mention it also happens to be rated a 90/100 at the WWA!

Try it before you die.

I will be back to give some feedback on other SMW

Funny you say that. I've been eyeing off the highland park but saw it for 150 at dm. Wrong one?

that one would be its 18yo brother aka 'the best spirit in the world'.................................................and I kind of have to agree with that statement. I will elaborate on that in more detail later

I have 3 bottles of it at home. A classic one and two modern ones (they are the same really, with the exception of the bottle shape - however I do think there is a subtle difference in flavour which may just be due to its processing maturity)

Dalwhinnie, Old Pulteney, and Glengoyne are worth a try especially if you're not after a heavy smokey peated flavour.

need to see if I can get some miniature of theses - really hard to find them here in Oz

Gave the New Zealand double wood 12yr a go the other day and not too bad at all very smooth.

Also a special mention to the redskin vodka. Bottle of vodka throw a few redskins in lid on and in the dishwasher for a cycle then in the freezer for a cool down. Very easy drinking!

Gave the New Zealand double wood 12yr a go the other day and not too bad at all very smooth.

Also a special mention to the redskin vodka. Bottle of vodka throw a few redskins in lid on and in the dishwasher for a cycle then in the freezer for a cool down. Very easy drinking!

Had a mate who did it with skittles. He was anal and would separate the colours and then he'd have a few bottles of vodka all in different colours. Bishes loved it.