SAU Community

Z32 Afm On My Rb20De?

Hey just wondering if a z32 afm will be worth the money or give any gain on a rb20de and will it need to be tuned, has anyone done or heard of this if so please post results.

Your kidding right.......please put down the crack pipe, now when you sober up you need to realise that power gains in a Na motor are all about head work, and I hope you have deep pockets to pull power out of a 20de

Lol didn't think a question would hurt so much, now if it Doesn't hurt to ask what head work would be good I'm not expecting too much out of it just looking for a little more power

Dont even waste your time extracting power from one of nissans slowest motors ever lol. Erase the thought from your mind because NOTHING you do besides a turbo conversion will have any lasting effect and be worth it.

Would love to turbo it being a gtst with an na motor in it but sadly still on ps, the car goes alright pulls hard on other na rb20s and even 25s bit confused about why people think they are that bad, just lacks a bit of bottom end needs clutch kick to get going power comes at 4.5krpm is there anything I can do for bit of bottom end power

Lol didn't think a question would hurt so much, now if it Doesn't hurt to ask what head work would be good I'm not expecting too much out of it just looking for a little more power

It's hurting because the question is just.....so......retarted it's hard to even read, an AFM simply reads and tells the ecu how much air is flowing into the engine, hence the name air flow meter, your question lines up the same as if you asked us if you put a new water temp gauge in would it reduce your water temp.....

Now to increase power in an NA there is a whole dedicated thread on it, and no I don't think you will ever hit power figures that will require an AFM change.

Dude, seriously. What do you think you will gain from putting an aftermarket AIR FLOW METER, a METER!! on youre n/a. Far out, I cannot understand or imagine how your brain must function

Z32 AFM is a standard Nissan item....they come from the z32 300zx

There is so much hatred for Na's I dident think the afm was a good idea just going by what people are telling me an thought I would ask first, all that needed to be said was a simple no,instead all I get is people being a smart arse about it and tell me to turbo it and ask if im on drugs,if I wasent a

PPlater believe me I would not go near a pos na

Whoever told you a z32 is an upgrade for a 20de needs to stop giving advise because they are stupid, and AFM upgrade is only needed when you have exceeded the current AFM's ability to read the amount of air going into the engine. Don't waste your money increasing power in the 20de because it would be so minor you wouldn't even notice a difference until you spent over 2 or 3 THOUSAND dollars.

For example : extractors and exhaust, properly setup cold air intake, coolant bypasses, bigger throttle body.... All those will cost you about $500 all up and you won't even notice a difference, will just sound different, to get better power you will need head porting and polishing, head shaving, oversize valves, cams, cam gears and then a tune, and thats just a few of the things needed and all up will cost around $3000.

Don't waste your money, build a spastic turbo motor over your p-plate years and have fun when you can drop a real engine in.

There is so much hatred for Na's I dident think the afm was a good idea just going by what people are telling me an thought I would ask first, all that needed to be said was a simple no,instead all I get is people being a smart arse about it and tell me to turbo it and ask if im on drugs,if I wasent a

PPlater believe me I would not go near a pos na

There is no hatred for N/A's. There is hatred for stupid questions. You need to stop listening to those people. The best way to get more power out of an engine is through forced induction, hence the turbo suggestion.

What I suggest you do is spend money on maintaining you car, forget about gaining more power. You can put a pod filter on your car and you gain 0 kW, but get pulled over and defected. What's the point? You're a P-plater in a Skyline. Keep the car as is, service it regularly, fix tyres, brakes, suspension, etc. Once you're off the P's, put a turbo motor in. All the money you saved from not buying extractors, exhaust, pod filter, Z32 AFM, ECU and tune you can easily go and buy a good RB25DET.