SAU Community

R34 Brake Issue

I have recently changed my brake pads and rotors, but now having a grinding noise when stopping, i have put brake cleaner on them and gave them a clean, yet the grinding noise persists, anyone have any idea what could be causing it?

I did but ill take them off and check the grease and see if it's the problem, I'll post letting you know the results, it's raining here so I'll have to wait for a dry day.

Yea see how you go with the grease.

If you did the change over, Did you bed the brakes in?

Apologies if these questions sound simple but just making sure you checked the obvious

Edited by BstewyR33

I'm not actually sure if the brake pads are chamfered, chamfered is when there's a slant on the pads them self isn't it? Just want clarification.

I'm not actually sure if the brake pads are chamfered, chamfered is when there's a slant on the pads them self isn't it? Just want clarification.

Yes had the same problem and chamfering the leading edges (a sheet of sandpaper on a flat surface will do) fixed it for me.

• 3 weeks later...

i have fixed the problem :) i had a look at the shims, and one was completely destroyed, so i removed them both and the noise has stopped completely, even let it go for a few days to be sure and not a sound.