Basketball

Birds

Who here hoops?

Do you play socially or competitively?

Team names and associations?

Got a hard on for a particular shoe?

Best shot you've pulled off?

I play socially on Mondays and Wednesdays

My Monday night team is "Antilag V2" and I play PG/SG.

My Wednesday night team is "The Lowballers" and I play PG/SG on offence and SF/PF on defence.

I used to play in my Adidas Crazy 8s

adidas-crazy-8-winter-lineup-1.jpg

I now play in my Li Ning Shaq Zones

Li-Ning%20Shaq%20Zone%20Shaq%20ONeal%20P

I shoot maybe 1000 jump shots a week at a high school down the road

Played for 15 years competitively, but now I mostly just like to play on my own. Like a god damn recluse

2012 Hyperdunks are probably the greatest basketball shoes i have ever worn. I currently run around with a pair of KD5's that i picked up for a ridiculously low price. They are surprisingly great once you wear them in

Greatest achievement was rejecting Leonard Copland and dropping a 15 footer in Andrew Gaze's face in a scratch match when I was playing for their junior team

Also Andrew Bogut is a fcuking champ. I met him a couple times and that guy is a straight baller

me

both

played champ rep ball for Sandy Sabres many moons ago... stopped when I hit 19 and would've had to try out for the mens ABA side... too busy getting fckd up and trying to touch girls in their naughty places... now I just play with a bunch of mates... we're not very good

Reebok pumps... had a black and purple pair when they first came out... so baller lol

I would love to say a dunk but I never managed it... I've hit all sorts of bullshit shots over the years... some half courters... a lot of 'get fouled and chuck it over your head'... better to be lucky than good!

NBA playoffs were pretty cool this year... I'm sad panda it's over

played everyday at lunch during year 7 if that counts, lol. and had a hoop in my backyard as well. lived to far out of town as a kid to play outside of school hours. wish I could've though, and then lost interest in highschool when we didn't have a court. best shot I pulled off was with a mini basket ball (the ones about half size) from the other end of the court. Did it on multiple occasions

I used to play/train a few times a week, played Rep for Waverly Falcons when I was in high school and South Waverly Sonics for domestic comps...

absolutely loved playing, wasn't exact a great player but being 6'4 helped :D But cut it down to once a week during year 12 and just let it go after a few years of opens during uni.

played occasionally since then but nothing consistent, anyone in Adelaide need anyone for a team holla at me :D

• 1 month later...

Just getting back into it after a long sabbatical after school. Starting to get the dreaded jumpers knee again, have always worn a knee guard but just ordered a patella strap to try. Any other tips? I use decent shoes (hyperdunks) and am thinking about trying a calf compression sleeve as I read quite often it stems from there.

In short, bball is the best game. period!

I coached it for around 12 years.

Some of the boys I've coached, some for years, others for a handful of games

Anthony Drmic (Boyse State, Idaho, Division 1 college, should go first round NBA draft)

Luke Parker, Sydney Swans AFL

Tom Curren, Saints AFL

Paul Seedsman, Collingwood AFL

Tomas Bugg, GWS AFL

Joshua Cachia, Supercross, Anaheim (ESPN)

Venky, US College

Another 3 or 4 boys are currently in the US

Coached at Frankston and Dandenong, both my kids played rep, Max at Dandenong Rangers and Frankston Blues, Jesse at Mornington

Max won the Nike Mad Skillz comp at the Royal Melbourne Show when he was 12 in Open Age

Our DSD team at Dandenong won 11 A Grade finals, I coached them from U12 to U18

I never played the game

I play domestic comp on Tuesday nights. It's good fun and most don't take themselves too seriously. Our team is called the "Bill Murrays"; made up of a few regulars, plus fill ins from more serious conferences/associations. Our uniform is based on those from the movie Dodgeball:

G9CeS4vB_original.png

Tonight we were fortunate to nab two players from the Knox Raiders (SEABL), who allowed us a 62-30 win.

Best shot I've ever pulled off: clutch shot from just outside the key, passed to me in the last 6 seconds of the game. We were down 29-30 against the leading team in the comp, while we were sitting penultimate on the ladder. Crazy underdog shit; many beers were had afterwards and, as I'm probably the least experienced player in my team, it was all the better!

Only been playing for a year and I love the sport.

Played heaps in highschool, then more at uni at USQ.

Haven't played competitivly since then (2001/2) because I don't count corperate games lol

Played pickup 2 nights a week when I lived out on site in the mines where I broke my foot pretty bad. This was 1.5 years ago and it still isn't 100%. In fact I doubt it ever will be, it is maybe 80%.

Best memory is dunking the 10foot (I'm 5'10). Was also good fun dunking at school in gr12 on the 9.5foot hoop. 2 hands, reverse etc

I once got 3 in a row, backwards from half court.

And I threw a golf ball straight in the hole, in the rain, after sundown, from about 15m. Couldn't see the hole, just the top of the flag. Best. Shot. Ever.

I wouldn't have guessed that. I would've thought you'd be clearing close to 2m if you could dunk on a 10ft hoop (or even the 9.5 at school). unless you were just trying to scissor jump it, then 165 sounds more reasonable. I could jump 170 and not reach a 10ft hoop (I was just over 180cm in highschool)