SAU Community

Black Soot Buildup

Ay yo! Does anyone know how to easily remove the black soot from the rear bumper without using so much elbow grease, or is there a reason why this happens and how can/ if you can stop it.

My engine has been modified with the usual things, or is there something possibly wrong with the engine

I've seen it on other cars as well, that have been modified so wonder if it annoys them just as much.

Questions, thoughts, answers? :geek:

HEkT1K

So u say no catalic convertor will put black shit on my rear bumper

+1 for the young Dr dre photo as avatar

Bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks

Hahah hilarious the 20 dollar sack pyramid

It does run fine but whats a decat, must forgive my ignorince but i'm a chef that likes to drive nice cars so don't have time to learn a lot only through the net

So is that why i see a lot of white smoke come out of my exhaust when i leave work, i try not to give it gas, but when i even give it the slightest,it spewin out a 40 year olds smokers cough.

I need a mechanical answer to make the engine run right

White smoke... no good... :unsure: I'd get that checked up.

The black stuff should be concentrated around your bumper and boot, might just be because shes running a bit rich. After a wash it takes a few days for that stuff to build up again behind my car, if you leave it on for a long while you'll need to use a clay bar to get it off, otherwise a wash or a wipe with a detailer spray should suffice.

I don't know but i would say it looks more like exhaust fumes, heavy exhaust fumes under load, not white smoke, that was a bit of over exaggeration.

But it looks bad in the rear view and i wouldn't like to be behind me when that happens.

If i got a retune and made it run lean/leaner, would it

A. Reduce the black soot

B. Reduce hp

C. Make the engine struggle for fuel

D. Get more KM's out of a tank of fuel

This is not a game show.

Also just tried a wax and grease remover from repco and WD40 on bumper and came up tits..................that sounds weird.

turtle wax bug and tar remover - best thing i have ever used.

I'm probably one of the most anal people on here when it comes to keeping the car clean and this stuff for this purpose is farken amazing. And completely safe as designed to clean and be gentle on paint.

• Like 1

...started using turtle wax tar and bug remover some years ago Bobby after you recommended it and I noticed...

Terry-173.jpg

my backside was nearly as clean as yours :woot:

turtle wax bug and tar remover - best thing i have ever used. 

I'm probably one of the most anal people on here when it comes to keeping the car clean and this stuff for this purpose is farken amazing. And completely safe as designed to clean and be gentle on paint. 

Agreed +1

Well i have tried many products for this mess,

to hard scrubbing for my ol chicken wings.

Gonna get me some of this stuff tomorrow and see how i go. :yes:

I tackled this yesturday, i havn't taken before and after pictures because i really didn't know it'd go so well, but my results were brilliant =). I'll just number my steps below:

1. Washed car day before.

2. Quick wipe with microfibre cloth and Meguiars quick detailer to remove loose dirt/soot.

3. Clayed the boot lid and rear bar with Mother California clay bar kit (love it).

Breaking away from the steps, there's something i need to point out. Looking right at the paint, on the boot lid there are many small black spots kinda stuck to the paint, only a clay bar can take it off. My 33 is white so i can see them easily. On the bumper the story is a little different, especially just above the exhaust exit, there seems to be a dark yellow stain covering 45% or so of the bumper. The clay bar takes this off, but very slowly, step 4 REALLY helped here.

4. I applied a bit of Meguiars Paint Cleaner with a foam applicator pad, then polished it with a $60 polisher wearing a woolen pad. I also went over it by hand with a microfibre towel, and the result was exactly what i was hoping for, complete whitenesss! I guess this product can be substituted with the turtle wax bug and tar remover, but i have not tried it for this application.

5. Meguairs Ultimate compound, buff, wipe off.

6. Meguairs nex gen tech wax 2.0.... apply, wait, buff off... mmmmmm sily smooth whitenessssss.

I really love the results, and it did not take too long either, maybe 25mints, and soooo worth it. Now i just need to see how long it lasts and also how easy it will be to remove the next buildup with the wax protecting the surface.

Just to let you guys know, when cleaning headlights its never worth using single products i.e. bug and tar remover, brasso bla bla bla... it might clean it, but after a few weeks yellow fever will hit you back hard, and that is because you have not sealed it back. Get yourself the turtle wax headlight restorer kit and spend 30 mints on it, you'll be much happier in the long run! :cheers: