SAU Community

Nm35 - To Achieve 200Kw@4Wheel

West

Hi all

So if i'm to purchase an NM35, what will it take to achieve RELIABLE all day everyday 200kw@all4wheels with stock ECU, Turbo, Driveline?

I want something that is 99.9% Highway Patrol friendly.

If i only do ......

Cat back exhaust

Boost to 14psi

Panel filter

Slightly bigger cooler with standard pipping

External transcooler

Will the above give me what i want or ........ do i really have to .....

Dump pipe, hi-flow cat, cat back exhaust

Boost to 14psi with modify waste gate actuator

Panel filter or Pod

Hi-flow turbo or Garret direct replacement (if available?)

HDI cooler with hard pipping

Boost controller

SAFC (i read from Scott's posts that SAFC don't work really well on this VQ engine)

---------------------

On a seperate note,

How much beating can a VQ25 cope comparing to an RB?

How much power can a VQ auto box take?

Do i really have to do the brake cut off mod in order to have a Control - Out of Control fun?

So far there isn't a grid dancer that can control the attessa system on the NM35 yet?

Have anyone taken their NM35 on track yet or the auto isn't really suit?

Not every RS-V come with side airbag?

Plz excuse a newbie if something might sound a bit stupido :).

Thanks

I've got a reliable 200KWaW with my setup atm.

* Scotty's dump pipe, with custom 3" exhaust, 100cell cat.

* Phenolic intake spacer..... 17mm or 19mm cant remember thickness (can get these off Jetwreck)

* HDI FMIC

* Air box opened up with Aftermarket filter (BNC) - most people won't run a oiled filter with a airflow meter because it will cause drama's but I've had no problem.

* Daleo's custom 2.5" suction pipe.

* Scotty's custom wastegate actuator (15psi preload)

* and you'll need a ECU/Piggy back system............. I've got the HKS F-Con V-pro but some use the E-manage with a Nismo or impul Ecu instead.

also you might want to think of some supporting mod's like:

Transgo Shift Kit, Mishimoto Radiator, Transcooler, Oil Cooler. and Scotty's Cooling Mod.

edit** also this still has the stock turbo, driveline stock besides shift kitted auto.

hope this helps.......... runs 98Ron 16PSI and made 204KWaW........ also ran a 13.9 down the quarter...... probably get more with the brake wire mod and making sure the gearbox is up to temp.

Edited by WAGON_BOY

I've had mine on the track as a few others with good sucsess.

I've done a 114.XX at Sydney Motor Sport Park (Eastern Creek) the new south circuit. was a load of run even though I didn't want to push the limits due to being under braked and tyres were questionable.

so basically the stock brakes will not cut it........ even with carbon pads I could smell them after 2 hot laps and so had to let them cool for a lap ( didn't want to let them go until brake fade)

and I had 245/18's with Federal 595's on them and they weren't up to the job, although the car handled beautifully and didn't let go they were loudly protesting (screeching) at the abusement so you'll want a good set of semi's!!!

also remember you will cook the gearbox fluid leaving it in tiptronic mode for the entire 15Min session so have a good cooler and let the fluid circulate in "drive" now and then.

also you will want a power steering cooler as well.

cheers, Theo.

The stock ecu with no tune will only run up to about 180-190awkws regardless of the turbo/setup. If you can get a hold of an impul or a nismo you might gain 10.

Best I've seen in performance so far is an ar-x on standard injectors 13.1 over the quarter. I've just done injectors and emanage on the same car and it'll crack a 12.5.

Ok, first thing is the second list is the realistic near 200kw mark.

You won't get close with the stock dump pipe, it's tiny and restrictive.

Also, stock turbo would be lucky to hold up to 200 day in, day out. Theo's is the only one I know that has survived any length of time boosted up. However a rebuilt like Dales would see your goals with minimal extra lag.

RB vs VQ. VQ will hold p to everything an more than a RB IMO. And without the oil issues.

Gearbox with transgo kit and cooler is suppose to be good for 500 Yankee hp. Realistically, it's not, but will be fine with the transgo for your 200kw needs.

Brake mod just means you get throttle on earlier after using the brake. It's beneficial.

No, I haven't heard of awd controllers, but that doesn't mean you can't adapt one

Lots have made it to the track, they are obviously limited, but can still be fun

Side airbag only in models with the safety option pack.

Not a problem, just not setup to handle 60% more power. The ecu needs to be tricked and the Auto needs new fluid and a shift kit.

A 3 inch exhaust will help, everything else should be fine to get you there... Just.

It will only be a beached whale unless you do some handling mods...

Suspension

Sway bars(if you can get them)

Bracing

bushings etc

And as wagonboy said braking if you want to track it

Edited by Footo

Wagon boy, did you notice much difference in fuel economy when driving normal from stock? What mods would be required to takes it from stock up to a reliable 180-190 just running stock ecu?

economy is probably the same due to the leaner tune...... but I don't really notice or care as I don't drive it every day.

I made 176KWaW without ECU, wastegate actuator and suction pipe.

also my turbo is maxed out at 204, cant flow anymore air through the little sucker.....