SAU Community

Car Trailer

Reese69

wow that is cheap - my trailer i was talking about as a base was $2800 - i would be double checking if so sounds good..

sorry GTTEEEEETTEEETTEETTEEEEE

ill try remember pics tonight if home before its to dark

duncan, i hate using the servo trailer but ive had to in the past because lack of funds,

but now im going to buy a hydraulic ram tilta because servo trailers are 'death traps' as you put it.

what do people think of the hyraulic ram tilta trailers? i can get a brand new un painted tilta with the

ram and ramps and no lighting, half floor no sides, low guards, hydraulic brakes, 100mm drop axles for $2800 ?????

wow that is cheap - my trailer i was talking about as a base was $2800 - i would be double checking if so sounds good..

sorry GTTEEEEETTEEETTEETTEEEEE

ill try remember pics tonight if home before its to dark

Lol sweet!

wow that is cheap - my trailer i was talking about as a base was $2800 - i would be double checking if so sounds good.. sorry GTTEEEEETTEEETTEETTEEEEEill try remember pics tonight if home before its to dark

The price is right lol. It's getting built already will be done in a couple of weeks. Will add photos

Ill be painting it and wiring lights myself..

The size is 16F x 6F but I ordered it a little bit wider :)

well you have done well lol

GTGEEEEETETTET dam doctor took for ever was to dark hahah i will do it today coz i am going straight home after work to start fitting my winch so tonight i hope lol

The price is right lol. It's getting built already will be done in a couple of weeks. Will add photos

Ill be painting it and wiring lights myself..

The size is 16F x 6F but I ordered it a little bit wider :)

well you have done well lol

GTGEEEEETETTET dam doctor took for ever was to dark hahah i will do it today coz i am going straight home after work to start fitting my winch so tonight i hope lol

Slacko :P

I know nothing about trailers but that looks good too me :P I would probably want different tie downs for the front end of mine....

Your door clears the guards?

How steep are the ramps etc?

i will hope to answer these answers tomorrow is my first day off since the trailer got here so i will play and take a few pic.. i think personally i will need to remove my front bar or mod the ramps.. will get results up tomorrow if all goes well

i will hope to answer these answers tomorrow is my first day off since the trailer got here so i will play and take a few pic.. i think personally i will need to remove my front bar or mod the ramps.. will get results up tomorrow if all goes well

Keen to see results! Also let us know how high your car is etc so i can compare to mine ;) You can do all the hard work haha

Used tyres? Noooo, new truck or special trailer only tyres, trust me. Been there, done that. It's these sorts of price reducing shortcuts that make it hard to sell a quality trailer at a fair price.

And the tyre rack? Why so high? For a start that will create a lot of extra drag and so affect performance and fuel consumption.

It's easier to say oh what a great buy but there are so many price shortcuts in trailer making that usually price indicates quality.

i think personally i will need to remove my front bar or mod the ramps.. will get results up tomorrow if all goes well

1. Reverse your tow car up onto small ramps (you can buy them cheap from a camping store) this will raise the front of the trailer a good 4-6 inches which will lower the beaver end of the trailer 4-6 inches and also lower the pitch of the ramps.

2. Wind down the jockey wheel which will have the same effect as the ramps, but I prefer the ramp solution.

3. Put a block of timber under the end of each ramp so that you drive up onto the timber then up onto the ramp.

4. Buy 9ft ramps (as I previously mentioned a few pages back)

nice they are some really great points -

was raining yesterday so no test - but i measure a few things- so my doors will clear the trailer arches by 10cm - back of the trailer hight(beaver end) 45cm and hight of the flat top is 56cm.. hope to get the car out tomorrow

Tyres are a serious safety issue on a trailer, I have experienced first hand a blowout on a mate's trailer using crappy old car tyres. After I got up him about it he went out and bought four new light truck tyres. Not that I expect any thanks for the warning............