SAU Community

Braided Teflon Lines, How To Connect To Plastic Tank Barbs?

Hi guys, if this has been covered, i cant find it.....

Basically I'm looking to replace my very smelly pushlock lines for teflon -6, on the surge tank and fuel pump is no problem, but what have people done to connect teflon to the stock tank with plastic barbs in a smaller size.

Car is R32 GTR.

That was what I was thinking, but its a bulky and kind of half ass way of doing it. I figure there must be plenty of people that have run teflon now on a skyline that may have a good suggestion.

To do it properly I most likely need to remove the intank section and replace the plastic with alloy lines, epoxy them in or similar.......

The way I have seen it done is to remove the plastic fittings and from the lid, and replace them with Speedflow bulkhead fittings or similar. I assume by cutting or drilling the plastic fittings out, and then using suitable sized fittings to replace them. Unsure how they are sealed in as I'm not sure exactly which Speedflow fittings were used.

I'm pretty sure this is how 34GeeTeeTee has done his, as JEM said his plastic fittings on his lid were actually a restriction. I'm sure he can confirm exactly what was done.

• Like 1