SAU Community

HOWTO: RB25DET High Boost mode with standard solenoid

paulr33

I dont use it anymore because i've got a boost controller...but I had it grounded under the nut that holds something in that area on....it was bolted into the wheel well....also had it grounded underneath 1 of the airbox bolts and that worked fine as well

nice lil mod, makes them not feel so sluggish... good tempory thing untill can wind the boost up...

when i put a front mount on, i will also put a rb20 acutator on that i have here, do i still need to leave that grounded one i use the rb20 acuator or can i remove it?

not exactly sure, but your boost will be farked I beleive....

Once you have some form of boost controller, you'll be bypassing the standard solenoid, and then you can un plug that, and completely remove the solenoid itself without any drama

i just earthed it to the (-) on the battery and it is still boosting at 5? i dont no what i have done wrong??

also i am only using the gauge thats in the rpm to tell me what its boosting at, is that correct if this mod is done?

hi guys, im interested in this mod as i seen this on a mates car today, will this still make a difference to my car with my profec specb11 boost controller on. i know this has a dual solonoid but am unsure if this mod will still make a difference?

i just earthed it to the (-) on the battery and it is still boosting at 5? i dont no what i have done wrong??

also i am only using the gauge thats in the rpm to tell me what its boosting at, is that correct if this mod is done?

I hope you're not waiting for it to hit +7 on the stock boost gauge, as thats not 7psi, but closer to 14....

If the mod has worked, the needle should be in the positive section, at about the half way line...so halfway between 0 and +7.

You need to test it on a nice straight where you can nail it to hit full boost, and make it past 4500rpm...if it doesnt increase boost at 4500rpm, then you're probably already hitting 7psi :(