SAU Community

Installing Oil Pressure Gauge

wait for someone to confirm. i can't recall exactly, but i think you need 3/4UNF-16 to the block. Which it seems is the one you linked.

Alright. Well I guess its time to play the waiting game.

yep it will fit

Alright. Thanks for the confirmation :) Now going to try and install the sensor that came with the gauge because according to the instructions sandwich plate is not necessary :S

No to the RIGHT of the rear knock sensor in the photo. You can just see the plug, its a bit hard in the flat black finish but best I can do, cant seem to circle it in photobucket

Don't have a build thread, been thinking about it, but to lazy so far :)

Its only a GTS-t

No to the RIGHT of the rear knock sensor in the photo. You can just see the plug, its a bit hard in the flat black finish but best I can do, cant seem to circle it in photobucket

Don't have a build thread, been thinking about it, but to lazy so far :)

Its only a GTS-t

I edited it with paint. Do you mind doing that please because I'm a little loss with terminology :S

Ye man your car looks like a GTR ey.

post-29392-0-30161500-1375082425_thumb.jpg

In this spot here?

What size is it? Wouldn't happen to be the standard 1/8?

Is this a good location to get oil pressure readings from?

If so, saves the trouble of a sandwich plate.

I'm guessing there would be no oil pouring out during installation either, yeah?

the stock oil pressure sensor is 1/8, you can get 1/8 adapters off ebay that have two ports for the sensors

will need to drain oil, install stuff and reuse oil or change it

Yes that is it, It is 1/8 BSP on the block

It is there for cars not fitted with an oil cooler, I'm not sure if theres any in the RB25 range but It's there if there was ever a day that this was the case.

Won't need to drain oil to install a sensor there, you will only lose whatever oil was in the gallery at the time. So if you leave the engine overnight most of the oil should have drained out of that section