SAU Community

White 1994 Bnr32 Gtr Stolen And Recovered

bob san

Hi guys

Just putting a word out there be careful of thieves who target imports/skylines. My car is a clean 1994 BNR32 was stolen and recovered on 26/07/2013 on Friday morning. The car was parked outside my house in Vermont south along burwood highway. I noticed my car was missing on early Friday morning. I found it later down the same street. However the car had a car cover put on it and it looked like the thieves had tried to hide their crime.

Once I took the car cover off I found the car had interior bits and pieces missing. These include floor mats, gear boot, shift knob etc. Also it looked like it had tried to be hot wired as the the wires under the ignition had been ripped out. The battery in the bonnet had also been disconnected. I have a mongoose m80 full alarm immobiliser system, I'm guessing that's what stopped the thieves from stealing and driving away with my car. Lastly the thieves had been under my car as they left the underbody trail just outside my house with the bolts on the ground.

I have already notified police and and my insurance company. If you have seen any suspicious activity along burwood highway on Thursday night/ Friday morning please let me know.

Edited by bob san

Pretty much to be expected, parking a GT-R on a busy highway where thousands of people drive, you're probably very lucky they just took some interior parts and didn't tow it like that MNP 32 that got stolen last week. I'd never street park my skyline anywhere that I couldn't see it.

Doesn't matter what the alarm type is, following ADRs there are not many to pick from and most installers are lazy which is the real issue

Poorly installed = car will get stolen.

Properly installed = car might not get stolen.

Alarms are just a time delay/deterrent.

I find it funny people pay $800 for an alarm system, but spend $200 on an installer. Spend $200 on an alarm and $800 on and install and you are MUCH better off.

I'm in Vermont South as well, luckily in a street which doesn't have any through traffic and I park off the street.

Last week I was living in Parkville, where that other GTR was pro-stolen on the tilt tray.

Paranoia is extreme right now

Seems as though people that want their cars stolen, still have them, and the ones that don't want their cars stolen, get stolen

my bloody r33 was insured for 6k more than I sold it for. Wish it had been stolen instead