SAU Community

$$ Spun Rod Bearing In Fully Built Rb30 :(

ZT-R

Heads no good. Cam ate it up pretty good. 2jz or LS7 time.

know that feel.

when I spun bearings last, seized the crank, and exhaust cam.

looks like its done the same to you.

sorry about the bad news.

Probably gonna sell the car move on to bigger and better things all the while being more financially rewarding. 30grand in engines that yelid less than a cumulative milage of 14,000 is a bit absurd.

9600942381_2f31bd4421_b.jpg

Meh, if that is all that happened, find a new cap. Have all the caps shaved 0.1-0.2mm, have it line bored, then re-shim and you are good to go. Obviously, find out why it happened too........Need a cap? I am in Georgia and I could send you one.......

Meh, if that is all that happened, find a new cap. Have all the caps shaved 0.1-0.2mm, have it line bored, then re-shim and you are good to go. Obviously, find out why it happened too........Need a cap? I am in Georgia and I could send you one.......

That's the spirit! Presumably it's only cooked the bearing due to crap in the sytem from the first dramas. It is heartbreaking to have to do it all over again though.

Thats the only one that looks messed up, havent took out the intake cam. I dont really want to take the bottom end out and do all that shit again. but yea if you have a number 1 exhaust cap...

Correct me if im wrong but the cam has "wallowed" out the cam cap tower horizontally as well. so you would have excessive end play on the cam. Might be able to weld it and machine it back down but probably would be cheaper to report a head.