SAU Community

bodykit shops in melb revisited.

pinoi_boi_r33

hey inasnt nice 1! I think i will just have to wait 4 u dudes. Since i think my pockets are only deep enough to just paint my sideys, which sux so i'll just have to wait. Everytime i walk into my room i get p1ssed off coz my skirts are there staring at me i want them on lol. Also need repair on the front since the first shop i went was damn SHIAT.

cheers guys.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for that nismo32r. What happnd?

My friend had a Series 8 RX7 and bought a gen Boxmax bodylit from jap for few k's

he asked aresspeed to paint and fit them on the car...

at the end the car turn out like a 30k worthy car

the color is not matching+the kit is not fitted properly+they drill holes on the body to screw front and rear bumpers and skirts...

if i have a chance...i will post up pics to show you guys

Guest INASNT
I am just about to get a body kit from either MakSpeed or Jetspeed. Makspeed quoted me $1200 and Jetspeed $1400 for the same kit. Just wondering what your opinions would be on the quality of the products, I dont mind paying extra if Jetspeed has a better quality product. Any thoughts?

I will be able to supply them for around $1000

damn that sux arsse nismo32r. not much should be done to a genuine kit... Inasn't how much for rear bars only? u got painting and fitting options?

went to all my local panel shops and the average just for fitting and painting was $400 bux approx i was like wtf?. i did find 1 place kinda dodgy but they give lifetime warranty on paint and the dudes are respraying a soarer and it looks mint from what they have done. $350 for fit and paint sidies. as well as custom reinforce front bar from dodgy first job as well as adjust the bonnet and light from a stack. So i might go with them. Inasn't how long till ur business is up and running man.

whats ur experience with them dazsQ as GT400r sez they did a crap job for him and fibre glass wasn't that good quality?

DJR33 what veilside kit u want there are 2 for 33's.

i think i'm getting it done this week at local panel shop. Once its done i'll post up pix.

whats ur experience with them dazsQ as GT400r sez they did a crap job for him and fibre glass wasn't that good quality?  

DJR33 what veilside kit u want there are 2 for 33's.  

i think i'm getting it done this week at local panel shop. Once its done i'll post up pix.

I want the kit for the gtst. As far as i know theres only 2 kits, one for the gtst and one for gtr. All the pics ive seen of the kit on 33's look really low, but that might be coz all of the cars have been lowered. I dont want anything that wont allow me to go over speed bumps

there are two kits for GTS and 2 for GTR.

I got the car back today and i'm very very happy with the job.

It cost 350 for:

- fitting and painting of sideskirts

- pushing out the light (which was slightly pushed in from previous stack)

- realigning bonnet also from previous stack

- re-doing mesh (coz dodgy bodykit shop i got it from used builders bog and it came off, what a surprise)

-making brackets to hold bar in more firm (dodgy bodykit shop just bolted it on ends and used super dodgy brackets in the middle)

also washed the car which was cool, and all of this was done in 1 day dropped it off at 8 and picked it up at 5.

Place was TJ panels in seaford. I'll post up pix on monday.

Guest INASNT

Guys if you want bodykits, i can get you any kit that jetspeed or others can get for around $1100 unpainted delivered to Melbourne in about 2 weeks once a deposit is put down.

All i need is a pic of the kit to check if the mould is available so it can be made and sent within 2 weeks.

friend just got a fit and spray rear bar for 180sx for $300 i think it was.. didn't use their bodykit so can' t comment on that.. but the fit and spray colour matched well and job was well done