SAU Community

bodykit shops in melb revisited.

pinoi_boi_r33

Alright just want to hear about your experiences with shops. I've got a front bar from pulse autostyling but i didn't like their service/professionalism so i don't want to go back. I bought some skirts from a guy here and i need a rear bar also and then i need to get it all painted and fitted. Can anyone tell me of a shop which they liked or disliked just so i can keep a lookout. Was thinking of a company called NARZ www.autostyling.com.au also the one in BOX hill near station street is it J-auto concepts, i went there ages ago can't remember, and also zero sports in china town (all there fitting is in marybyrnong i think) zero is just a shop.

Also has any1 got any friends or is a panel beater that would like to give me a quote if i source the parts myself.

thanks guys.

Rom.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could try Makspeed 93185626

They made up an A piller gauge holder for me at half the price anyone else had them for. Some of the kits they had look pretty impressive.

Didnt makspeed change their name to Zero Sports in little bourke?

Anyways dont go to JR in box hill, had my front bar, skirts n pods painted there and they were absolutely c*ap.... paints kinda like peeled of the next day (i shit u not)

thanks for the heads up GT400-4 yes makspeed did change their name to zero. but little bourke is just a shop there install place is in marybyrnong which i think is still called makspeed. All this ambiguity and the fact that they changed names puts me off a little.

thanks for the heads up GT400-4 yes makspeed did change their name to zero. but little bourke is just a shop there install place is in marybyrnong which i think is still called makspeed. All this ambiguity and the fact that they changed names puts me off a little.

Zero's stuff are alright but a bit pricey, What I intend to do is go over to ICE and ask Nigel for recommendations, they have a mate maybe one of them Fangartist's that does panel beating and respraying.... you might wanna check them out!

what is fangartist's? was the quality of fibreglass any good at JR coz all i need is a rear bar or pods. If paint is crap i'll get my local panel shop to match the paint and paint the parts separately and install myself. I've got skirts that i bought off predator on these forums. Any1 bought off aresspeed in QLD b4? www.aresspeed.com.au i saw their rx7 in Autosalon mag and it lookd horn.

thanks for that Gojira i'll give them a call.

i've been to jetspeed a few times in south clayton. They always got that azn Biatch in the front and its as if they don't want customers the way they talk to you. So ****y it seems they don't want business. Also they don't have all the kits on their site, quite misleading, and i don't like any of their rear bars which is what i need.

If any1 is looking for a good panel beater, try SuperFinish, near the corner of south rd and warrigal rd Moorabbin. I picked my car up from there last night and I was VERY impressed. VERY friendly and professional service, and decent turnaround time.

I am very fussy when it comes to spray jobs and panel beating as I have done some myself in the past, and the job is flawless. Before I took it to them, I hung around and checked out the quality of the repairs done to other cars coming out, and every job was impressive.

They even touched up a few extra bits for no charge as they are perfectionists.

Price was reasonable (relative to quality of work) too... although I didn't pay a cent as my insurance company took care of it.

Anyway, 9553 1311 is the number, and speak to Greg or Con.... and tell em George with the Pearl Red R33 sent you

BTW: I am in no way affiliated with them, just a very happy customer...

what is fangartist's? was the quality of fibreglass any good at JR coz all i need is a rear bar or pods. If paint is crap i'll get my local panel shop to match the paint and paint the parts separately and install myself. I've got skirts that i bought off predator on these forums. Any1 bought off aresspeed in QLD b4? www.aresspeed.com.au i saw their rx7 in Autosalon mag and it lookd horn.  

thanks for that Gojira i'll give them a call.

hhhmmm.... quality wise i'll give it 5/10 and what are you after?? gtr rear pods? or a new rear bar.... possibly a 400r one?? just curious...

thanks on the boost i think i've heard of em. GT-400r i want a do luck rear bar or JUN rear bar. i don't really want 400r or GTR pods. There are these other pods i've seen once or twice but never seen for sale... i've attached photos of em any 1 know what they are??

Guest INASNT

Me and a mate will be supplying bodykits, aero mirrors, seats and other parts soon. Will post up a thread soon once the details and ABN are finialised.

I am just about to get a body kit from either MakSpeed or Jetspeed. Makspeed quoted me $1200 and Jetspeed $1400 for the same kit. Just wondering what your opinions would be on the quality of the products, I dont mind paying extra if Jetspeed has a better quality product. Any thoughts?

I am just about to get a body kit from either MakSpeed or Jetspeed. Makspeed quoted me $1200 and Jetspeed $1400 for the same kit. Just wondering what your opinions would be on the quality of the products, I dont mind paying extra if Jetspeed has a better quality product. Any thoughts?

If you want better quality parts, go to Makspeed. They did lots of nice bodykits, good fitment.