SAU Community

Km's To A Tank

hey guys i have had a v35 for nearly 6 months now, when i first drove the v35 i used to et around 600ks to the tank and now im only getting 350ks to the tank. Is there something wrong or what, sorry i dont really now much about this stuff

Given a 'tank' isn't a unit of measurement, I suggest calculating L/100km to give a better idea of economy.

But such a significant change suggests something is wrong. Fuel leak, clogged exhaust, faulty O2 sensors.. or a host of other possible problems. If you aren't too 'car savvy', probably best to get it checked by your mechanic.

Edited by sonicii

There isn't really anything to 'tune' on these cars, unless you spend $$$ on an uprev reflash, or something similar. And you don't want to be doing something like this until the fault causing the poor fuel economy is repaired.

Perhaps they just mean a full service? oil, filters, etc. - even so, it is unlikely to impact the economy by that much.

Did it slowly get worse, or just became bad all of a sudden?

yeh it slowly got worseand just recently i filled up and only got 300 km, i am going to go and see my mechanic, i also just today only noticed a ticking noise in the engine

Out of curiousity, when was the last time that you had it serviced and what fuel do you use?

Reason I ask is, I usually get about 12km/l, changed the oil and filter, filled her up with P100 and got 9l/100. Was very strange... :/

So when you filled it up after 300km, how many litres did it take? What sort of driving are you doing?

I get anywhere from 8 l/100 km (flat freeway at 100 Kph) to 15 l/100 km (in heavy city traffic with a/c on full in summer), and expect to see around 12 - 14 l/100 km in normal city driving. If I was driving for economy (and I don't) I'd hope to see this go down by 1 - 2 l/100 km. How does that compare to yours?

i drive normally not like redlining it all the time, i also fill up 98 every time. I called my mechanic and he said he will be able to look at it this weekend so hopefully its nothing major. thanks for all the help guys, i was pretty worried that it might be something major

City vs Hwy driving makes a massive difference in mine. That being said, I still get at least 450-500km out of a tank and the most that I have even put in is less than 70lt. Keep in mind that these things have an 80lt tank.

City vs Hwy driving makes a massive difference in mine. That being said, I still get at least 450-500km out of a tank and the most that I have even put in is less than 70lt. Keep in mind that these things have an 80lt tank.

80l? I choked and struggled into a city a few years back and only filled up 64l...