SAU Community

R35/hpx Maf Info Needed For Power Fc & Data To Tune With

n0nac

• 2 months later...

They're amazing, have tuned several cars with them already and you have very little issue with reversion when you back off the throttle on light load unlike the Z32 where I often recommend placing a few bends in the intake.

I've just ordered the higher reading HPX ones for another 2x cars I'm tuning (both on Nistune). Literally click a drop down and select the R35 AFM and pipe size.

• Like 1

My R32 just got done tuning with Nistune using R35 AFM as well.  But since I'm running factory size tube (65mm) and the existing VQ map doesn't go below 3", my tuner spent an hour just re-mapping the VQ map.  After he was done he was so impressed with R35 AFM that he ordered new R35 AFM for his personal R32.  

all the tuning is done in the following table so you actually dont really need the data, i've had to make dozens of maf curves from scratch as we mix and match housings and cooler pipe sizes on a weekly basis.

Most people forget that with powerFC the FUEL table is only a target AF table and should not need "TUNING" (Fill in your taget afs in the INJMAP table then tune in the AIR FLOW CURVE table)

image.thumb.png.c55819c23e0ace414c663b4d5e3b1ad6.png

image.thumb.png.40e1cd06a04a5ef44467f57b1234a7c6.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glad everyone is enjoying the conversion .  I've got mine on the Dyno now being tune and we are having issues with the internal IAT in the 35 MAF messing with the reading on the stock RB 26 IAT sensor. Turning with power FC and voltage jumps out of nowhere

Edited by kunzz

• 1 year later...
On 10/14/2017 at 1:22 AM, kunzz said:

Glad everyone is enjoying the conversion .  I've got mine on the Dyno now being tune and we are having issues with the internal IAT in the 35 MAF messing with the reading on the stock RB 26 IAT sensor. Turning with power FC and voltage jumps out of nowhere

How did you go with this mate?

Also have a GTR which is currently stock with a PFC and TBE. Planning to single sooner rather than later, but won't be building the motor for quite a while so am happy to keep it simple with the PFC. A single R35 AFM would make things super simple and dirt cheap while the cars still at a very basic level.