SAU Community

My Mr30 Project

Mister30

Hey guys

Last week I decided to bolt down to SA to pick up a mr30 I bought from gumtree

It is an MR30 1983 model 4 door sedan

With an l24et

Unfortunately for me I bought the car at night due to my late arrival into Adelaide... I told the seller that I was not happy with the price of the car because it was in worse condition than what he told me... Eventually I agreed on a much lower price and I drove the car all the way from Adelaide 1500kms back to home in Alice springs, the car didn't miss a beat apart from a small overheating problem in coober pedy. When I finally got back I deduced that the problem was the guy had obviously never heard of the term radiator flush or coolant... After fixing said problem the car ran like a dream.... So the brief on the car is it has the standard l24e with an l20et turbo kit an rb20 ceramic turbo running .7 bar of boost, it's a five speed manual with a heavy duty clutch and a locked diff... It has a iron mask front end on it however as you will see the only parts that are salvageable are the bonnet and headlights. The car is going to run out of rego this week so I will be taking it off the road repairing any mechanicals that need fixing including the f***d front wheel bearings and then sourcing a new interior and a series 1 non iron mask front end any help or interest in my items for sale are much appreciated. So there you go I will try and keep you all updated and it should be a good project

Cheers

Hey guys just had a closer look at the front end of my car tonight and found that under the actual body is rooted.... So if any one has a body sedan or coupe for sale I may be interested in putting my running gear in it

Also I wanted to ask anyone would it be difficult to put my running gear in a c210 even cause I may be able to get a c210 from here in town

The 240k had a 2.4 l series motor in it but I think it has a long gear box instead of the stumpy in the r30 from memory etc. very similar car underneath though

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys I feel like I have had a kick to the guts

I just rang the guy who built my car and found out that it was a drift car at one point and took a front end hit and now after searching for a bit I have found that the chassis has actually been welded at some point... So I can say goodbye to any chance of rego... So does anyone either have a rolling shell I can put my running gear in or is there enough interest for me to part out the car

• 2 weeks later...