SAU Community

I'm On A Boat And I Say No To Rice!

toppertee

Also just to note, It looks like production sports cars, are going to allow R32,33 and 34s run in there class. So My Co-driver in the excel cup class and I are going to run the boat in the CUE one hr event next year.

So I'm pretty happy. I can run the car in QR sports and sedans, Improved production (with a turbo choker) and now or soon to be Production sports cars.

It's looking like the skyline is a good choice.

Righto... continuing the build of the ECU and I'm up to the point where the stock ECU case is now gutted and the connector block desoldered from the original circuit board - I hacked, cut and mangled it pretty bad to get it off the connector, but the end result was good - all the connector pins are healthy and intact.

P1020016_zps3dfff012.jpg

The new MS3 module will fit, but I do need to create some standoff brackets so that it is well secured and pro-like. I could just pack the module with silicone and/or leave it free floating, but I'd like to do this properly and I think a few plastic plates made with the Dremel won't take too long to whip up.

P1020017_zpsf7123342.jpg

Both brackets made and MS3 Pro module is mounted.

Next step is to think about how to mount USB/Serial connectors for software control, and also think about a secondary connector for things that can't be connected via the stock Nissan connector and harness. I think a trip to Jaycar is on the cards.

P1020019_zpsc879339a.jpg

Ooh sounds like a project that I'd start and never finish - ending up in a car that doesn't work!

I know enough about electronics to get into trouble...

I admire your skillzzzzz

Ooh sounds like a project that I'd start and never finish - ending up in a car that doesn't work!

I know enough about electronics to get into trouble...

I admire your skillzzzzz

Which is part of the reason why we've taken to a spare stock ECU and gutted it instead of the original ECU (which only cost under a $100 to source a 2nd hand auto module with the correct harness connectors).

If at any stage we can't get the new MS3 Pro module to work we can fairly easily swap back the stock ECU and with a few minor changes to the intake sensors, be back to working again. The overall goal will be to have MS3 manage custom tune mapped at the dyno with a electronic boost controller making crazy HP. If we have to swap the stock ECU back, it will just mean the engine will run without extra boost and run pretty much like stock. It should be a good solution for getting all the features of a $2000+ ECU system but hopefully come in under $1000 !!

Oil cooler in

Replaced knacked water inlet pipe on the manifold.

New S/S brake lines

New Discs and MU pads.

New Camber and caster adjustment arms front

Lock out and Camber arms rear

$10 worth on paint on the wheels :yes:

Cage should be here from AGI next week and so should the KAAZ 2 way.

BTW aero bonnet cilps suck balls to install!

IMG_4020_zps265a676c.jpg

IMG_4009_zpsf444405d.jpg

IMG_4021_zps4e173341.jpg

IMG_4022_zpsf29c5eb5.jpg

IMG_4023_zpsa20ecb71.jpg

IMG_4024_zpse7f20873.jpg

Off the blocks,

Quick drive up the street, all seems good, wife hates it. So it must be cool ;)

Ride hight is a little low, need to raise it about 20-30mm, I'll have to wait till the coil overs settle. Sold a bit of gear off the car, so I should come in around the 10k mark. Seems like I'm under tired in the rear, with the 225s, I'm having a look for some 9" wheels so I can fit some 255s or 265s. Got to love motor sport, you can spent 100k plus on a motor, but go wider than 9" on a rim and you can't race :rolleyes:

r3330092013011_zpsaa654fd0.jpg

r3330092013012_zps92382cc8.jpg

r3330092013013_zpse5010e0f.jpg

Cheers,

Really hanging to get out on the track.

I was aiming for the next round of qr sports and sedans. Which is on the 3&4th of nov. I'll be pushing it to make it. Don't really think taking a untested car racing is the best idea. Might have to do a couple of track days and

There is always next year. 1st world problems eh!

Nup,

I've got to add another axle to the car trailer as well. So there's no hurry at the moment. 1300kg car on a single axle trailer is pushing it.

I'm going to miss the next race meeting.

So I'm going to do testing and get it ready for next year.

Any way I've ran out of parts, so your more than welcome to come over and sit in the paddling pool and drink beer!

Did some more work on the custom ECU today. Added a USB-B connector (for software uploads and tuning) and a 12V power plug (for bench testing out of the car).

Once the wires had all been soldered in the right spots, I switched her on and uploaded the latest firmware to the board.

Everything went perfect and sweet - next step is to begin the wire-up to the stock connector.

20131011_140808_zps9a984ddb.jpg

Edited by gslender

• 5 weeks later...

Well, it's been a while,

I got smashed with work, still pays the bills.

Cars all most complete, off to Ken @ Accurate Suspension, on Monday for the Alinement.

Little update.

The best tool in my shed, under a grand, does the job welds locker diffs, and parts I need for the car. I've never taken a welding course, just a little shed time. I'm no gun but, I've built my own trailer harness point exhaust parts etc. I figure if I hit with a big hammer she's all good in the hood.

IMG_4040_1_zpsedc020f8.jpg

IMG_4044_1_zpsace5e277.jpg

IMG_4047_zps5feb6e16.jpg

I've got stuck into the guages and kill switch this weekend.

IMG_4052_1_zps0d2bd1fb.jpg

IMG_4049_1_zps3c103fbf.jpg

New 2 way diff

IMG_4048_1_zps3b12b6be.jpg

Bumped into a bloke off loading his race wheels and tires, 295 35 R17, should grip!!

IMG_4055_1_zps8e18b42b.jpg

I bitter that I missed out on running last week, so next date is going to be on the 14th Dec @ QR for a sprint meet, fingers crossed.

Just got to add a extra axle to my trailer, don't like the idea of a 1300kg car on a single axle.

Cheers

Grants popping over this weekend, we are hopeful the ms3 is going to fire.

Also found out the front of the car has taken a hit in the past,slightly bent driver side . So I'm having the front camber arm machined. To allow for a little more camber on the driver side. To straighten up the alinement.

Can't wait to get it on the track.

Looking forward to a little dickyspeed master action ;-) I'm going to be pretty slow, I've not had a drive for about 6 months.

Mad soldering skills!

I'm not drinking tonight, so I won't be hung over. Think this will be the first time we've worked on a car, with me been sober!

Don't know wether that is a good thing or a bad thing, haha.

Can't wait to start logging data again, I'm really missing tuning studio!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the MS3, went into full fail boat mode!

So we are going to leave it for a xmas build, while we have a rethink. I.E. read the bloody RB25 circuit diagram. So screw nissan

and there ECCS relays!

Should be all good. What we are trying to do, is use the standard loom and make it plug and play with out cutting into the stock

loom to much, when I say we, I really mean Grant! I'll take to a supercar with a angle grinder.

r3324112013022_zpsf7b1e480.jpg