SAU Community

So Who Is Entering Rnd7 At Calder Thru Wrx Club

billywhiz

Yes waiting to go out in grp5 3or4th session and red evo driver initiated a chat with v8 m3, cut version=you take interesting lines; what do you mean?; I was overtaking and you moved into me sending me on to the grass:-) Before it got worse he walked away.

All in all good day, got to see some new faces was expecting rain in the arvo and it didn't arrive, result. Personally can't wait to shred the 2nd hand tyres and get some new ad08s or rtypes.

• Like 1

great day, i had a ball... there was a decent amount of track time available even with the large number of cars

weather was good, and the datto ran well all day, cant ask for much more than that!

So... I set a PB at Calder of 1:02.417 using my Qstarz Lap timer, as can see in this video...

http://youtu.be/AerYprf6pGE

However the Dorian failed to work for that session, and as my mates say "unless it's on Natsoft, it didn't happen!" I have to settle for the 1:02.5704 Natsoft recorded... Im uploading that video also.

The best video is the one where I am chasing that beautiful 997 GT3 on slicks for 8 fast laps. I get held up with some traffic, but gawd it was probably the best fun i've ever had in the car. Uploading that also as we speak :)

i was in group 6. i had the in car camera rolling in all sessions except 1 when i missed the start and didnt have time to turn it on...

so if i crossed paths with anyone in group 6 ill have some footage of them. i was in the white datto 1200

Half a lap. Wasn't expecting big things from this bottom end but was hoping to get a few laps in. Engine is all apart now just waiting on a few bits to come back from machining then back together and in for some long nights

i was in group 6. i had the in car camera rolling in all sessions except 1 when i missed the start and didnt have time to turn it on...

so if i crossed paths with anyone in group 6 ill have some footage of them. i was in the white datto 1200

You'd definitely have some footage of me then Andrew. Would you be able to post it up?

sure, here it is

michael im pretty sure thats you in front of me from the beginning of session 1.

we had a bit of a calder park moment with a little drag race down the main straight, i think i lost sight of you by turn 1 :woot:

theres also an R33, a white WRX and a couple of BMW's in this clip too

and heres a short clip of my quickest lap of the day

if anyone has any footage of my white datto 1200 id be keen to see it

I'm down for work on both 2nd and 9th though as I'm doing a mate a favour covering the 2nd, maybe I'll push him to return the favour for the 9th now I've realised both dates are impacted. Will be at the Nats though.