SAU Community

Import Monster Sauvic Deca - 9Th November 2013 - Rnd 4

Belsil80

OK since everyone is excited about the new maps good time to bring this up:

NOTICE TO ALL COMPETITORS REGARDING FIRE EXTINGUISHERS

Please make sure your extinguisher is held in by a metal bracket. Make sure this metal bracket is bolted down to a metal part of the car with bolts NOT self tapping screws and NOT to plastic panels.

Also make sure you have a bracket that holds the extinguisher with a metal band.

NO GOOD:

post-17897-0-59967800-1383003373_thumb.jpg

GOOD:

post-17897-0-89557900-1383003388_thumb.jpg

If you dont have these things you wont be able to compete until you do. Cheers.

• Like 1

Yep, gotta be a fully metal bracket, with a metal strap around it, as the moulded plastic brackets like to snap... and if its not high tensile bolted to a metal part of the car (Between the bolts that hold the passenger seat in is a great place) then it can break free as well.

There's no way the bracket in the top picture would be able to hold a 1kg fire extinguisher if you hit something (20g+)

as what manny said, my bracket (which has been ok in the past for track days and the 6-7 DECAs ive done in the past...though it was awhile ago...) is a combination of the top picture - metal bracing but also has a metal band..

if something has changed recently with that and I need to update something, better let me know..

http://www.melbs15.com/extras/stuff/fe-mount-3.jpg

OK since everyone is excited about the new maps good time to bring this up:

NOTICE TO ALL COMPETITORS REGARDING FIRE EXTINGUISHERS

Please make sure your extinguisher is held in by a metal bracket. Make sure this metal bracket is bolted down to a metal part of the car with bolts NOT self tapping screws and NOT to plastic panels.

Also make sure you have a bracket that holds the extinguisher with a metal band.

NO GOOD:

attachicon.giffire_extinguisher_bracket_stand.jpg

GOOD:

attachicon.gifFE Bracket Misc.jpg

If you dont have these things you wont be able to compete until you do. Cheers.

What is a fire extinguisher?

Which way do you go around the skid pan?

I have a hand held camera, is that ok to use while I drive?

:banana:

• Like 1

What is a fire extinguisher?

Which way do you go around the skid pan?

I have a hand held camera, is that ok to use while I drive?

:banana:

I have driven past the chequered flag and water barriers do I keep racing?

How fast is 80% and how can you judge/ prove the percentage in which I am driving?

Speakers held in by gravity ok?

Do I have to have all wheel bolts fitted?

If it passed at winton you have to pass me!!!!

If we getting on this topic.

if you have an amp and/or sub box in the car, it must be bolted down to metal as well. self tapping into the back of your fold down seat in a 180/300 is not going to cut it.

if you take your amp out, don't let the positive cable sit there with no fuse against the metal work, (and I cannot believe I have to tell some-one that)

yes your battery is not in the cabin with you, it still needs to be bolted down.

to save us the hassle, take the damn macca's/bottles of water out of the back seat b4 you get your car checked.

when you get you car checked, your attire is as well, have your long sleeve top and pants on, and have your helmet.

don;t turn up in your shorts and thongs saying your getting changed later.

take spare Tyre out, no-one wants it and no-one will steal it.

have all your wheel nuts on and tight...really why do I have to say that??

oh and have fun.

and don't laugh at my car..

• Like 1