SAU Community

Import Monster Sauvic Deca - 9Th November 2013 - Rnd 4

Belsil80

Am bringing about 6-7 S15's down... Its the annual MelbS15 DECA invasion for us :)

Boo!! I was shattered last time when I rocked up to see only one (Gold 33 GTS-T) Skyline participating! I think there were a couple of others that were running around in the morning but had finished by the time I got there.

Wish mine had an engine.... All this action on my door step but nothing to play with. Should pull out the Datto ute... Lacks horses though...

hi guys, want to join as my first track day and have a few questions:

is a cams l2s fine or has to be aasa license?

Is this a track day competition or skid pan?

How does it go with roll cage? any is fine? can i have a passenger without a roll cage?

Do they have tire fitting facilities if i bring my own tyres? also do they sell new tires there too?

Hi Andrew,

Cams L2S is fine, you'll also need to show your current Affiliated Car Club membership card (like SAU VIC for example), AASA is the other option...

It's skid pan with some Timed Back Track work, it's definately not a track day. Youtube for DECA Long Wang for examples of the Back Tracks...

Yes, Yes Yes... Do not have to have a cage to race, do not have to have a cage for passengers, it is not a high speed event... chances are the fastest you'll go on the day is about 130kmh on one part of the Long Wang...

No tyre fitting facilities, the skid pan generally does not chew through tyres too much, unless you're deliberately trying to destroy tyres, you won't need fitting facilities... I'd recommend bringing a spare pair of wheels for the rears if you're planning on driving back to Melbourne and think you'll be finishing a set off.

Thanks for the reply Simon, when you say i have to be a club member, is that a payed sau member or unpayed counts too?

Also do you know much on driving an unreg vehicle with a permit to deca?

Paid & entered :)

perzn_34 - you need to be a paid member of SAU-VIC to have access to obtaining a CAMS license.

& in regards to unreg vehicle permit - when I had my silvia on permit after I'd just imported it, it only allowed me to drive the car to & from workshops & vicroads for the purposed of repairs to gain a roadworthy certificate.
Basically if you get pulled up you have to be able to prove you a driving the car to either a workshop for roadworthy purposes or to vicroads for registration purposes - I don't like your chances of driving to DECA on a permit if you get pulled up.

Paid & entered :)

perzn_34 - you need to be a paid member of SAU-VIC to have access to obtaining a CAMS license.

& in regards to unreg vehicle permit - when I had my silvia on permit after I'd just imported it, it only allowed me to drive the car to & from workshops & vicroads for the purposed of repairs to gain a roadworthy certificate.

Basically if you get pulled up you have to be able to prove you a driving the car to either a workshop for roadworthy purposes or to vicroads for registration purposes - I don't like your chances of driving to DECA on a permit if you get pulled up.

Tell them you're taking it to Ken Muston Automotive (where I work here in Shepp) and you'll be right! "I promise officer, they're really good there!"