SAU Community

Edge Motorworks

Jack-

I popped in there this arvo to see Barry and the Gameon Supra and its owner James were there, nice guy, openly tells you whats done to it.....the guy simply didnt muck around when building that car.

I couldn't stop laughing, they were telling me that its run in tune was limited to 750Kw because their dyno flat lined at that power level, Friday its booked into a dyno that can read over what theirs can.

They will be turning up the wick on it, will be interesting to see the results.

Damn big angry cam in it......

The more time ive spent with Barry, the more i can appreciate Supras, better engineered engines, stronger gear boxes and friggin big strong diffs too.

James mentioned a 2JZ in a GTR would be a nice project, his biggest issue is traction in the Supra, once the thing stops wheel spinning it is game on. :)

Sedat, yours looks quite good too, Stef has been telling me about it, your specs look good, you have picked the right builder, quite a good few cars will be coming out in the next 12 months now that they have settled in the new workshop.

Just went into your build thread, in one of the pics there is a car under a blue cover, i think that was ours.

Noticed Barry put you onto Brendan for the machining, the guy is a precision Nazi, we also used him, he ended up spending a bit of time fixed our other machinists stuff ups, he always called me over and showed me the errors in tolerances before correcting anything.

Yeah i heard about your build Scotty, i wanted to start stiring Barry about it as i wasn't a RB or 2JZ. :P

Edited by GTRPSI

Had a video sent to me by Barry today, they did the dyno run on someone elses dyno, 705.4Kw, 30 Psi in 5th gear, but they couldn't pull a true reading.

Problems was getting the straps to hold it down on the other dyno and traction with the torque its making, the thing just wouldn't settle and wanted to launch its self off.

At one stage it was so well tied down the exhaust was rubbing on the dyno wheel, then later Chian pulled the plug after pointing out the tyres were distorting on the rollers, it was getting a bit risky trying to get a true reading, there was too much slip.

I popped in today after seeing the run to pick up a oil restrictor for ours and took another look of it on the hoist, noticed it didnt even have cam gears on it, just running the 11.5mm lift 280 degree cams straight off "whatever" with those results.

That engine was built by Barry, tuned by Chian......

Well James's supra whos engine was built by Barry and tuned by Cihan aka Etuner has broken the record for a top speed run in 800m. He hit 300+ 3 times, highest run being 308km/h.

Edited by Tyranus

James issue has always been traction.

His MPH shows he has the power, traction up to 120KPH + is his biggest issue, if he had that he would have easily taken the quickest time too.

As he said to me, GTR's always get him on standing starts at the beginning, rolling he has no issues against (most) GTR's if he feeds on the power (and avoids breaking into clouds of smoke)

We had a short few words about this, as i said to him 4wd will always win on launch, but 2wd with less driveline power loss on big powered cars will always be quicker power for power output compared to a 4wd.

A example i used was when Stefan use to take the car, on rolling starts he always us to pull the fuse and the car was quicker, obviously with a standing start he would have been slower with this setup.

I mentioned to Stefan a few months ago about suspension and driveline setup once ready, change spring rates, different shocker rates front and rear, more ground clearance, positive camber on the rear and negative on the front when standing, torque control for the 4wd setup to only stay 4WD for a predetermined slip etc.

Ideally to go 4WD Jatco auto but he wont hear of it, im waiting for him to break his first box (should not take long) and to remind him again.

Building the power is one thing, laying it down is a whole new ball game.......

Edited by GTRPSI

I assume your the guy i met today at Barry's? Stef's father yes? Im sticking with manual as driving pleasure is more important to me than outright speed. Im not decided on the gearbox yet. I will prob go ppg 5 or 6speed (34r) box.

Yep, i had a feeling after i left it was you too, i didnt think at the time to ask. :)

Yes same story Stefs giving me, he wants to stay manual too for the sake of enjoyment, he has his eyes out for a box or gear set but im constantly behind his neck to go auto and be done with it if he wants times for the power target he is aiming for.

Let him bust the stock one first, both of you shouldn't take long to do that, no shortage of power planned between you. LOL