SAU Community

Can 4 Door R32 Skyline Fit Some Music Equipment?

Tree

As title says, could a 4 door sedan version of the R32 have enough space for some music equipment? Would I be able to fit all at once:

• 2x 15 inch PAs
  • 2x heavy duty speaker stands
  • 1x 50W Valve combo amp. Maybe another amp of comparable size
  • 2 guitars in retangular cases
  • An acoustic guitar
  • 2 mic stands
  • Guitar rack (fits 6 guitars)
  • Few other small percussions like tambourines etc I don't have much
  • Medium-large storage box (containing leads and power plugs etc)
  • Possibly a keyboard (optional)

I probably won't be bringing everything listed here but incase I need to it's always good to know if it's capable. Maybe I should take a pic of all the stuff?

Reason for choosing the R32: I considered R31s but I just know that eventually I will be disappointed in the handling coming from an SW20 MR2. I don't want to buy a Van yet without having a fun car to drive around but I can't afford 2 cars at the moment. With the MR2 I could fit 2 PAs speakers and a few more things by removing the passenger seat but still need much more space. Also, I think I've been bitten by the RB engine eargasm bug :wacko: and I've always wanted to experience a turbo car. At least the R32 is more track ready than either a R31 or a dare say the van lol. Mate just bought an R33 so I want something different and from quick reading the R32s are lighter and more chuckable out of the box.

If there are any meets in Victoria coming up soon I'd be keen to check out a few to take some interior measurements :D

Cheers

Thanks for the reply fellas I guess it was wishful thinking...I know I'm being stubborn here but I reckons I could make it work lol. Shame about the seats not being able to fold down. The Stagea is outta my price range and it's the perfect fusion between performance practicality but I think I'd rather separate that into sports car and van, whereas I'm looking more sports car with some practicality.

I'm not always gonna be lugging around this stuff but when I occasionally do I'll just take out the rear seats - how often do you even get pull over for that? Drove around with the MR2 without passenger seat plenty of times haha

Anyways if I decide to go ahead an get an R32 4 door I'll let you guys know how much I was actually able to squeeze and take a couple pics :thumbsup:

RE Attached pic: 2 speakers on the front seat, rear boot actually perfectly accomodates my rectangular guitar case (lucky!) OR a compact e-drum set. It's a stretch but I think the 4Dr R32 can do it!!

post-85617-0-36827500-1382501897_thumb.jpg

post-85617-0-87824700-1382501938_thumb.jpg