SAU Community

Rb25 Neo Touches Strut Brace On R32 While Reving

I took me over a week to realise that it was the engine touching the strut brace while it was revving that was causing the vibration in my car. I put a silicon piece there but it feel off. My question is...will it put pressure on the engine mounts or anywhere else that can cause damage? . Should i be worried?

s0g2FcN.jpg

jamLmC0.jpg

Edited by IM-32-FK

I wouldn't be overly worried about damaging engine/strut mounts, as RB's have very little radial rotation under load to begin with, and those silicone hoses would have plenty of 'give' in them. I am pretty OCD about things like this though, so if it were me I'd look at getting a different strut brace, or having the one you have there C-channeled or relieved by an engineer to give clearance between it and the intake pipe.

EDIT: It occured to me that could be a GT-R strut brace (which sits lower than the Gts-t brace). If so, just get a brace intended for that car.

Edited by colourclassic

What engine sub frame are you using? R32 sub frames make the engine sit higher than r33 etc as far as I'm aware. Mate had a similar issue in a 180. Switched sub frames to a 33 I believe, problem solved

What engine sub frame are you using? R32 sub frames make the engine sit higher than r33 etc as far as I'm aware. Mate had a similar issue in a 180. Switched sub frames to a 33 I believe, problem solved

i wouldnt have a clue but id rather just take the brace off then change the subframe

I wouldn't be overly worried about damaging engine/strut mounts, as RB's have very little radial rotation under load to begin with, and those silicone hoses would have plenty of 'give' in them. I am pretty OCD about things like this though, so if it were me I'd look at getting a different strut brace, or having the one you have there C-channeled or relieved by an engineer to give clearance between it and the intake pipe.

EDIT: It occured to me that could be a GT-R strut brace (which sits lower than the Gts-t brace). If so, just get a brace intended for that car.

it is a r32 gtr strut brace, the gts-t one sits lower. Also, telling me to get the one intended for the car doesnt help, since the chassis and the engine are different. Its is a factory gtst.

Edited by IM-32-FK

it is a r32 gtr strut brace, the gts-t one sits lower. Also, telling me to get the one intended for the car doesnt help, since the chassis and the engine are different. Its is a factory gtst.

No, R32 GT-R strut braces generally sit lower than Gts-t strut braces due to the RB26 having a forward facing plenum. If your car is a factory Gts-t, either get the lower subframe like 32vspec said or get a Gts-t strut brace.

No, R32 GT-R strut braces generally sit lower than Gts-t strut braces due to the RB26 having a forward facing plenum. If your car is a factory Gts-t, either get the lower subframe like 32vspec said or get a Gts-t strut brace.

so wait a minute, if it's not a gtr or gtst brace, then what is it?