SAU Community

Need A 4" Titanium V Band Flange

d-ranged

Can anyone get hold of one of these. I am in the UK and cant find anyone that does them!

I need it to fit to my titanium exhaust as I have just fitted a single turbo and had a 4" downpipe made up thinking my exhaust was 4" all the way through but it expands to 4" from 3.5"

Any help would be massively appreciated as i am now stuck with a car I cant use :(

Or you could get a stainless clamp and have some rings laser cut from titanium plate. Then weld them on one at a time using a stainless flange to keep it straight while welding, and push the pipe through a tiny bit so the holes centre and line up.

Or you could get a stainless clamp and have some rings laser cut from titanium plate. Then weld them on one at a time using a stainless flange to keep it straight while welding, and push the pipe through a tiny bit so the holes centre and line up.

Interesting idea but the problem is i have to take it to a shop to do it and not sure if they would do something like that or not...

Can you find a machinist to make you one, the other half of what you have now?

I dont actually have a flange on the downpipe i was going to get a stainless steel 2 bolt flange made up and get that welded to the downpipe but then when i went to get a drawing of my exhaust flange made up i saw it was actually a 3.5" flange which expands into 4"

My exhaust is a custom made in japan job as well from an Auto Select car.

If you can find some stainless that slides nicely into the 4 inch Ti and slot it then clamp, it will be fine. Motorbikes use slip fittings like that all the time. Probably not the best outcome for such an expensive system though.

I guess you want to ditch the 3.5 inch section? Probably best you measure the Ti also, as the Japanese like to use metric pipe usually.

If you can find some stainless that slides nicely into the 4 inch Ti and slot it then clamp, it will be fine. Motorbikes use slip fittings like that all the time. Probably not the best outcome for such an expensive system though.

I guess you want to ditch the 3.5 inch section? Probably best you measure the Ti also, as the Japanese like to use metric pipe usually.

That is an idea, but would prefer it to be bolted or v-band. Even a 2 bolt flange would do me or a 4 bolt as long as i can get a stainless one too!

The guys who fabricated my downpipe built it on their R33 as they are quite far away from me, i sent them my turbo and manifold and they bolted it up to their car and did the work. They made the downpipe a bit longer just in case as they didnt have my exhaust. I think there is enough on there to cut the 3.5" section off my Ti exhaust and still get it bolted up...