SAU Community

Titanium Engines

krzysiu

Has a company ever made a engine completely out of titanium. I know it would cost alot of money but it will weigh like a quarter of a normal engine. Has anyone done it. If so how much would an engine like that cost?

Thx

Chris

Has a company ever made a engine completely out of titanium. I know it would cost alot of money but it will weigh like a quarter of a normal engine. Has anyone done it. If so how much would an engine like that cost?

Thx

Chris

One million dollaaaaarrrrsssss!!!...........................(places little finger to edge of mouth)

Meh thats nothing, mine is pure plasma energy contained by a series of super magnets. I've got a couple but I'm not that fond of them so they just sit in the backyard.

heheh.. How much do the magnets weigh???

Rod Hatfield (Castlemaine Rod Shop) made a complete titanium-alloy Chev V8 block, mainly cos' the Yanks said it couldn't be done...

They use them in light aircraft now that the big-block Chev is registered for flight use. There was a pic of him on his website holding up the block with one hand.... (Couldn't see anyone doing that with the original Chev block!!!)