SAU Community

Gtr Guru Needed For Private Sale Inspection Cash Cash Job

bcnr33-hks

hey guys looking to get into my first gtr coming from SR20det silvia's all my life. Looking at a R33 GTR series 3 v spec car in question

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-1997/SSE-AD-2464495/?Cr=1&sdmvc=1

went to have a look it seemed ok needs a little work but its refelcted in the slight negotiation. I need a guru to have another thorough look incase i missed something major.

I'm happy to pay you for your time to go down and check it out for me.

text or pm me 0406868688

Car is located in Adelaide brighton Area

doesn't look too bad, definitely needs a few experienced eyes over it, does need some lovn, but least it looks dirty and exactly how it is not all sparkly and clean then its suss as

I don't mind having a look over it, but just had a bubs so if you were looking at buying it soon you would have to bring it to me at Mawson Lakes

mike

Really you need to get underneath this to investigate further. If i were you take a very close look at the vehicle yourself. End of the day you'll be the one maintaining it and only you can decide :)

When i was looking at buying my first GTR i had a look at a couple. The first was immaculate on the outside, as soon as i get beneath them things were alittle different. The owner was fairly hesitant to allow me to drive it onto a ramp which i found suspicious at the time. There was less then 100,000 on the Odo and that was clearly incorrect based off the under side of the vehicle. Keeping in mind you cant expect perfection these days. However oil/coolant leaks will only be visible from beneath the vehicle.

Most owners will go to the effort of cleaning an engine bay/exterior prior to sale but mostly neglect anything that's not visible. Specially beneath the vehicle.

However looks tidy on the out side, just take your time and pick the right one. hopefully its a great example :) Good luck!

Biggest thing to check is for rust on the underbody as if that's there like my mates, you won't past a roadworthy if its dodgy bodywork bog to cover it up and could cost thousands to fix.

As stated the underneath is where you'll see the biggest issues, oil leaks from sump or diff housings.

Check dipstick and see how old the oil looks if its serviced regularly, ask if timing belt, water pumps have been changed, seals around the head for oil leaks.

That's definately the worst steering wheel I've seen given its only 100,000kms, mines got 170,000kms now since I purchased it last year with around 130,000kms and still decent condition.

Mentioned cars been boosted, to what psi and who tuned it? Aftermarket ECU or just boost controller?

yeah the steering hweel and gear boot shagged...no ebc only boost restrictor removed.....having a guy doing a full vehicle inspection tonight doing a compression leak test....owner did say 100k service not done called JMS quoted around $2k for full 100k service which i will factor into negotiating price but wanted to do the gaskets turbo gasket etc which prob be another couple g's so it is slowly adding up

Do the 100k Service yourself :) That'll save you $1500 out of that 2k you've been quoted. I'm sure there are many on this board that would be more then happy to lend a hand. I'dd offer but i cant claim to be an expert.

I used to get all of my work done by a local mechanic... before buying a GTR. That changed pretty quickly. You'll quickly become accustomed to GTR Tax :) Unless you have deep pockets!

Do the 100k Service yourself :) That'll save you $1500 out of that 2k you've been quoted. I'm sure there are many on this board that would be more then happy to lend a hand. I'dd offer but i cant claim to be an expert.

I used to get all of my work done by a local mechanic... before buying a GTR. That changed pretty quickly. You'll quickly become accustomed to GTR Tax :) Unless you have deep pockets!

lol your soo right ...i have wroekd on sr20's all my life and when i look at a rb26 im a lost fool lol and because i classy myself as a backyard mechanic and unlike sr if i stuff it up cheap as piss to fix or replace but rb26 is a total new ball game .....

thanks guys had a guy look at it and turned out to be a POS , low compression on 2 cylinders , been in a accident , brakes gone, weird noise at 9000 rpm's...i will be offering like $8k

Weird noise at above or on rev limit!

thanks guys had a guy look at it and turned out to be a POS , low compression on 2 cylinders , been in a accident , brakes gone, weird noise at 9000 rpm's...i will be offering like $8k

Did you have "Adelaide vehicle inspections" do it?