SAU Community

Interesting Tyre Wear

ibrox90

hey hey,

So i have a an r33 gtr and every time it comes to new tyres the left rear is always much more worn particularly on the inside..

now obviously camber plays a large part in this .. but why would the left inside be so much worse

Camber + wheel spin.

Have you got any wheel alignment reports? Could have a lot of toe out on that side, which would cause it too. Might have a shot bush in the radius/traction arm which allows it to toe out while driving but not turn up in an alignment measure too.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine makes 600 at the wheels and is a HARD driven daily driver. It likes to slide, well... I like it to slide and I've been told so much about the gains from better diffs, torque splitters and transfer boxes etc. in researching that I found out about the diff not sensing left right slip.

Doesn't make sense. Standard GTR diff is a mechanical LSD. These things are designed work against slip all the time. If by "slip" you mean a difference in speed between left and right wheels.

The diff in the V-specs is simply an electronicaly controlled and actuated LSD that has a few advantages over a more simple diff, in that if the computer brains are smart enough they can come up with some tricky torque vectoring to more positively drive the rear wheels to achieve certain vehicle attitude outcomes. But the general concensus is that on the GTRs the tricky diff is barely any better than HICAS, in that it is busy doing stuff behind you that you'd prefer it wasn't. The same active rear diff stuff in EVOs is often swapped out for mechanical diffs, particularly on race cars, in order to obtain a more dependable and predictable setup.