SAU Community

Juddering And Jumping

james32gtr

One thing that could be affecting this is the "G Sensor" (this also takes a reading from ABS unit - no longer in car?)

(found under the centre console, 2 plugs disconnect/reconnect and if it's had a good thump then there will be a red indicator in the window.

Related to 4wd issue asking about earlier ?

Check all your grounding strap points too (just a precaution)

Still think you need to ask the guy you bought it from about these issues. He's bound to have knowledge as it just didn't start to play up the day you bought it.

Edit: Probably need to go from A to Z troubleshooting Attessa system.

sorry to jump in on todays few posts :blush:

Edited by Sinista32

One thing that could be affecting this is the "G Sensor" (this also takes a reading from ABS unit - no longer in car?)

(found under the centre console, 2 plugs disconnect/reconnect and if it's had a good thump then there will be a red indicator in the window.

Related to 4wd issue asking about earlier ?

Check all your grounding strap points too (just a precaution)

Still think you need to ask the guy you bought it from about these issues. He's bound to have knowledge as it just didn't start to play up the day you bought it.

Edit: Probably need to go from A to Z troubleshooting Attessa system.

Ok I'll have a look at those things, as for the bloke I brought it from, isn't answering or replying, if I can't figure it out I guess ill just have to take it back to his house and hope he's home, giving him benefit of the doubt he's busy this weekend. Such a shit way to start owning a gtr.....

yes - I hear you buddy.

If he's a member on here I am certain he wont leave you in the lurch !!!

be aware also there is no preload in the 32 GTR as there is in the 33/34 GTR's. So it's slow to kick in and then it's all at once.

The OEM G Sensor also has a very slow sample rate which also delays reaction in comparison

I'll check the workshop manual over the next few days and/or send you a link to download (your going to need it I think)

yes - I hear you buddy.

If he's a member on here I am certain he wont leave you in the lurch !!!

be aware also there is no preload in the 32 GTR as there is in the 33/34 GTR's. So it's slow to kick in and then it's all at once.

The OEM G Sensor also has a very slow sample rate which also delays reaction in comparison

I'll check the workshop manual over the next few days and/or send you a link to download (your going to need it I think)

So should I disconnect the plugs on G sensor?? There's no red light on at the moment!

Ignition off - it wont hurt

Likely wont help either but at least you know they're firmly connected

You already checked the Attessa fluid in the boot with engine running ?

Disconnected/reconnected the Attessa ECU in the boot.

Still only the 9 error code ? no others ?

Checked the fuses for the Attessa ?

No rattle in the Attessa ecu (someone recently found a loose screw in theirs)

As I said I'll have a look at the manual later or send a link through for you.

Edit: If it was red it would stay red. It doesn't go on/off.

Edited by Sinista32

Sorry - You did check the Power Steering fluid (whilst running). ?

Just getting confused with Hicas (4WS) and Attessa (4WD) system. Attessa resevoir in the boot - doh!

Power steering fluid is full, but 4wd light has come back on I'm not sure if I'm clever enough to figure this out lol

Speak to the guy. See how you go

I now have the workshop Manual open on my desktop

Still trying to remember where I downloaded it from.

Section C3 is what you need. Not sure if your a DIY sort of person

If not then you could get your local JDM garage on to the job

Still I don't know if this is your issue but to me it sounds like it.

Eeeesh - best go see a good mechanic you can TRUST

You must feel like shit :(

Hopefully nothing too serious nor too expensive

Steering/suspension ?

Shit is an understatement

Yeah I guess I will have to take it to mechanic to check out, steering and suspension seem fine, but by the way my lucks going that will all probably fail soon!!

Thanks for the help mate :)

I wish the best for you mate.

It's funny that prior to buying a 2nd hand car you can always contact the owner. After you buy it the unscrupulous ones cant be contacted.

I hope that the guy you bought it from is a stand_up guy or it may be a very hard lesson learnt/paid for.

Ps. industrial paint stripper if you discover you have a need for it conveys disappointment very well to previous dodgy owners other vehicles ;)

So the guy I brought it off got back to me, says he never realised it :s but what ever!

He also informed me that it has a tomei hicas lock kit on it so maybe that has something to do with it, I don't even know what that is so will research it and see of it could be the problem.

Maybe I'll also get a new boss kit just to reduce the source of problems to choose from.

I had a look at the plug that seems fine, the guy that had it before did some research and it would appear some other people have had the same problem and it was because they didn't have genuine Nissan diff oil in it, he can't remember what oil is in it so that's my next thing to check and change tomorrow!