SAU Community

R33 at sandown on the 13/6?

FLYGTR

Noticed a burgandy R33 with a black bonnet on sunday while we where competing at the rex club event at sandown on sunday and wondered wether he was from this site , have seen his times yet but it seemed decent.

adam

Looking at those times, anything under a 1:30 is quick, is that a fair comment.

As an idicator, what would be a good lap time for a well driven std tubo and basic susp upgrade R33 GTST with Type R rubber and no speed limiter around Sandown...also Winton if anyone knows

I would agree that anything under 1.30 would be a decent car with a competent driver . As a guide the quickest standard class WRX ( use of azenis tyres allowed) ran in the 1.30's and the driver of this vehicle is very quick. I would hope/expect that a well driven GTS r33 would/should be able to match these times. The R33 was well off the pace that day so most likely had some mechanical dramas.

adam

When I first went to Sandown I was told that anything under 1.30 was fast. I know at Phillip Island the time to get is anything under 2.00. NFI about Winton yet.

I know Donald ran 1.24's at Sandown in a 200sx which only has suspension and brake mods (and a big wang) on the weekend. Thats impressive.

Ah yes...that R33 was me

It was my first time on a track let alone Sandown all together, so no need to judge or speculate on my times

I didnt really attend this track day to go all out and cut some times or break records, more so just want to enjoy a bit of a fang on a track

So i was pretty suprised that i actually got a 1:39 on that day, as at no stage was i REALLY pushing the cars nor my own limits

Near the end of the day i realised there were a couple of corners i could have carried alot more speed in but by this time had a couple of problems

1. my inner wheel plastic arches decided to rip off, so i pulled off the track after the practice lap to take them off

2. on the last session, people reported seeing burnt oil out the back of the car, and i was loosing boost pressure

Anyway, its not good...cylinder 2 is down to 70psi compression :D

Taking the head off this week to fear the wrost

itll be good to see MORE people with R33 gtsts on a track, instead of being street heros

come on guys! its VERY addictive and cant wait to get the engine prepped up for more

Good to see the latest speed junkie join the ranks!

Hey maybe we should have some group theapy sessions or something?

"Hi my name is Snowman and Im addicted to track days. I had my first hit in Feburary and at the time I was just doing it for a bit of fun. But now if I don't get that speed hit that only the Track can offer I start to shake. I've tried burning a few HSV's at the lights but the hit just isn't the same. But I find comfort in knowing there is others like me out there."

whistla , wasnt having a go about the times i realised you where a novice with a car not running right. Im guessing you are a member of PIARC or similiar? , its always good to see other makes of car besides WRX's ( i had the RS in the avater) but i usually race a VL 5ltr (spun bearing atm) at all the rex events as they are very well run and organised . I was planning to come up and say hi but had a few things on the day to do .

adam

Nah thats cool

The car was running fine untill the last session...

I just wasnt full throttling on the straights during the start of the day as i was still getting the feel of the whole thing and letting people pass me. i didnt want to be pushed into the corners and prefer to tail people than be tailed

My confidenced gain near the end and really cant wait to get back on the track...