SAU Community

R34 Gt-T Camry Killer.

Hi guys, bought this car last month after owning a 99 Subaru Liberty for 2 years. Going from a slow boat that gets thrashed at the lights by camry's to this has been a huge jump.

20131122_190912_zpsd86bf2ff.jpg

Only mod I've done since buying it is install a manual boost tee as it was running wastegate pressure, although I am slowly doing little maintenance jobs that needed doing.

- Cleaned out aircon, was noisy and had half a field worth of spinifex and leaves in it, filters were blaaaack with tokyo juices.

- Wet Vac'd the entire car, much human slime came out. Car had a horrible case of the skyline smell.

Specs

Tires/Rims

Rota P45s - 18 x 9.5 +12

Nexen 7000, 235

Engine

Apexi Pod Filter

Manual Boost Tee at 8psi

Apexi N1 Turbo Back

Suspension

Crappy Coilovers

I have many, many plans for this car and have been getting ideas from other guys on these forums..

Cheers!

I will chuck up some more pictures when I give it a good detail later this week. Ordered a DAS6-Pro and will hopefully get rid of all the scratches and swirls.

In the next few months

- Blitz Returnflow Front Mount

- Greddy Profec EBC

- Nistune

- Replacement Gauges for factory. Thinking of getting the 60mm Shadow BF series, any recommendations?

- Paint interior

- Retrim Steering wheel/Gearboot/Handbrake boot

- Floor matts

- Install hektic stereo from previous car.

Edited by owen1r

• 2 months later...

I finally have updates after growing slack.

Firstly, more photos.

New Blitz Return Flow Intercooler, took forever to fit.

101b0eba-5641-467b-9831-b93cd48daade_zps

20140218_182738_zpssvxhensy.jpg

New Greddy Profec, excuse potato.

20140218_182827_zpsvv0ugl5i.jpg

Car was initially running 6psi when I got it, now it's running 10psi. What a difference it made! So much more fun to drive.

Few other things were done -

- Walbro GSS342, perfect swap for OEM fitment using the oem fuel sock. Exact same dimensions as the stock pump, super easy.

- Splitfire coilpacks and yellow jacket coilpack loom

Should be able to get a nistune soon after I iron out some bugs, then onto some new wheels/coilovers and swaybars ect.

Cheers.

Actually looking for something more track suitable as this scrubs hardcore and I have to run camber on the rear at this height..

Probably get some nice tires whilst I'm at it so I have some grip later on.

I will chuck up some more pictures when I give it a good detail later this week. Ordered a DAS6-Pro and will hopefully get rid of all the scratches and swirls.

In the next few months

- Blitz Returnflow Front Mount :yes:

- Greddy Profec EBC :yes:

- Nistune :yes:

- Replacement Gauges for factory. Thinking of getting the 60mm Shadow BF series, any recommendations? :no:

- Paint interior :no:

- Retrim Steering wheel/Gearboot/Handbrake boot :no:

- Floor matts :yes:

- Install hektic stereo from previous car. :whistling:

Lol...

I run 52mm Racetech and they sit perfectly in the factory position... While you do them fit a Greddy block to your oil filter and if you can afford to try get a oil cooler kit sorted at the same time! It will help you later on once you start beating those camrys and even one day step up to the magnas! :woot:

If you need any advice just PM me as i should be able to help with some stuff! I been at it for about 6 years with mine lol

Lol...

I run 52mm Racetech and they sit perfectly in the factory position... While you do them fit a Greddy block to your oil filter and if you can afford to try get a oil cooler kit sorted at the same time! It will help you later on once you start beating those camrys and even one day step up to the magnas! :woot:

If you need any advice just PM me as i should be able to help with some stuff! I been at it for about 6 years with mine lol

Glad you approve of the floor mats haha.

Reckon you could fit 60mm? I like the larger dials.

as far as im aware of 60mm will fit with minor modification to the cluster.

Tight skyline mate.. love black 34s :)

Awesome, going to get some sooner or later :)

Cheers, absolute PITA to keep clean... never again.

Yea I'll do it eventually after I get a tune and decide if I want to stick in a AFR meter alongside oil/water temp.

Yep 60mm do go in with slight mods and look good!

I just wanted an easy install and they are easy enough to read, they beep and flash warnings if you go outside the set parameter so i dont really need to keep an eye on them in most cases. I setup Water temp, oil temp and oil pressure as they were the vitals i wanted to see... The Haltech takes care of the rest ;)

Nice car mate.

I have a R34 as well and frequently troll the internet like Mat (34GeeTeeTee) so I know everything as well :P haha

But seriously, if you have any questions feel free to ask, I've learnt a few things a long the way as well. And on the topic of gauges I just bought some 60mm Defi's that I plan to fit (when I get off my ass) so you will be able to see what they are like in my thread if you were interested :)

I pretty much agree with Mat's yes/no answers as well.

I would definitely be looking at swaybars when you can too as they made a huge difference to my car.

Plan is after a nistune I'm doing BC BR coilovers and front and rear swaybars, then look at doing a turbo upgrade. Thinking GT3076r as I want to just hit 300kw with the most response possible.

Just fixed my car finally, wouldn't start when hot and would misfire up top. Replaced the CAS and it's all fixed! Wooooh.

I would love Defi's if they weren't so expensive!

Yep I have BC BR's and Whiteline 24mm adjustable swaybars. Great mods.

I'd suggest (as will Mat) looking at Forced Performance turbos. Mat has their 3076 and I'll be looking at either that or their 3073.

I picked my Defi's up at a good price second hand, wouldn't by them at RRP sooo expensive lol.