SAU Community

R34 Gt-T Camry Killer.

• 2 months later...

Raised it a tad more than 1cm at the rear and closer to 2 at the front. Now sits at 345 mm front and 335 mm rear, middle of the wheel to top of wheel arch.. :)

Edited by owen1r

Now on the quest for new wheels, as my current wheels have about a cm of poke at the front and require about 3 deg of camber at the rears.

Looking for F - 18x8.5 + 25 and R - 9.5 + 30, I believe these will be flush and fit 245/275 tires with minimal camber.

Any input from anyone? Offsets seem ok?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheers guys.

18 x 9.0 +35 (with a 10mm spacer to clear brakes) and 9.5 +38

245 and 265 tyres, KU39.

Next is sway bars front and rear I'm thinking, getting a terrible knock from my front end which I believe might be a sway bar end link :angry: Then maybe a 1.5 Way and then I'll finally get onto power..

• 4 weeks later...

Well I had my first track day..

Oil got to 130 deg after 2 laps, and water started to get close to the top of the dial after 3 so I had to backoff and let the car cooldown for 15 mins after every two laps, annoying to say the least!

So next up is a new china radiator + mocal oil cooler, which will require battery relocation and new washerbottle/catch can :)

Vid incoming of my terrible driving.

• 10 months later...

^^ Agreed, looks great!

Sliding around is always fun, looks like you're getting the hang of it, nothing helps more then practice :) . Then you can work on transitioning between the corners :P

How did you end up going with the radiator and oil cooler?

^^ Agreed, looks great!

Sliding around is always fun, looks like you're getting the hang of it, nothing helps more then practice :) . Then you can work on transitioning between the corners :P

How did you end up going with the radiator and oil cooler?

Bought a 42mm ebay rad and put that in, I have a Greddy Oil cooler + Block sitting in my shed but yet to put it in yet as I'm probably going to sell the car soon and buy an Evo IX.

Temps were fine on that track day although it was only 17 deg, oil sitting at 110 deg after 3 hard laps and water was fine. I'd say I'm going to need the oil cooler for summer track days if I end up keeping the car.

Edited by owen1r