SAU Community

5K Service

RosieR34

Read above. I value peoples advice here then some random in QLD. As far as I know , oil differes to location (hot/cold). Also , I wouldn't trust somone I don't know with Rosie. Everyone is a mechanic on the forums apparently, also it generates discussion.

I don't really venture to other parts of the forum too much as I'd rather take advice from people here.

You could copy paste what is said in another thread and I'd believe it is the way to go. Don't see why it's such a big deal. Whenever I say I'll get a mechanic to do the 5K I'm always hassled by everyone (in and out of the community) to do it myself, when I say I am I get hassled. Lucky I said I wasn't going to buy a CArbon fibre oil filter - shit would hit the fan.

Numbers and letters next to each other doesn't mean much to me. I'd rather not go looking around the forums and getting mixed up with some other oil and dumping it in. I know very basic about oil etc but it's something I don't want to get wrong. I've done research on many other things which don't hit the forums but if it's something to do with the engine I'd rather not read biased discussions from 2006 and go straight to the people who know. I suck learning via reading because names and such don't make sense. So I was going to get my shopping lost and get the stuff and put it in. Anthony gave good pointers on how to do something's. However, I've never known what is actually done in a 5k service so thought I'd ask the pros. My mistake clearly lol

If you have only had the car for the last 5k kms, and haven't change every thing that has fluid. I suggest doing that, change everything that has fluid. Depends on how far you want to go. Brakes, clutch, gearbag, diff and engine/filter. First thing I did when I got my skyrine, was change everything. The seller said, oh nar bro everything has bin dun aye. In short, he was full of sh!t.

The only way your going to learn, is to get off the internetz and do something. Not trying to sound rude. But it's always good to learn the basics yourself. It will save you a bucket load in the long run. Leave all the big stuff to mechanics.

• Like 1

I just pour my oil through a few pieces of coffee filter paper then pop it back in and swish some kero around in the filter and bang it back on no worries then test it out going gutter to gutter on the limiter to make sure the oil is worked through the motor.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

"oh nar bro everything has bin dun aye"

Classic. :laugh:

Whats on the inside of the filter is most important.

I get my oil filters from the Filter Factory in fyshwick, they are the best quality. Easy.

They can look up the info on your motor and sell you the perfect filter for it.

Choosing oil: you can go see a reputable RB mechanic (Trojan) for advice as the condition of your engine may affect choice.

Go the random fonts, whats up with that?

Edited by D.I.Y. Mik

This thread really should be in a different section too. For local sections, threads like this should be more "Can someone please help me to do a Service on my car?" (maybe local wasteland would be okay). People would be willing to help you out but at the moment it does seem like you're trying to increase your post count and not utilising the tools made available to you.

This thread really should be in a different section too. For local sections, threads like this should be more "Can someone please help me to do a Service on my car?" (maybe local wasteland would be okay). People would be willing to help you out but at the moment it does seem like you're trying to increase your post count and not utilising the tools made available to you.

Please keep the trash in the wasteland. If I was farming posts I'd be posting in the "One word thread". Hnnnng.

Besides, this was a local call out on their thoughts. Don't see why it's so hard to add to it like other people have. If you feel that the thread is a "waste" I strongly suggest you don't open the thread - would appear as common sense to me.

ontopic - I'm sure Rob is more than keen to give me a hand, however, Rob helps me with Rosie with everything. I thought I'd give something a try - given I am new to the Skyline scene let alone the car scene in general.

You should take the car to a reputable mechanic. This thread adds to the rest of the crap on the forum. It would be beneficial if there was a sarcasm font.

Exactley. If you can be bothered to do even attempt to do your own research, just reside in the non-car topic threads. Threads like this and the 1k thread is turning the A.C.T section into the "Skyline Fanboy Muppet" section.

Please keep the trash in the wasteland. If I was farming posts I'd be posting in the "One word thread". Hnnnng.

Are you serious?

m8, I'm trying to get 2k posts with my 4.1 post per day, leave me alone :(

Is one example amongst many that are littered with in the ACT section. Is it also common sense to speed past someone to teach them a lesson for speeding through traffic? Or even that speeding is any less dangerous than drifting?

Personally for me the "One Word Association Thread" is Not about increasing my post count but having some fun. Remember fun? It's FUN! :laugh:

and yes... I am glad to assist you Jeremy and am quite willing to bark some orders at you and make you do it all yourself with my supervision.

The best way to learn is to get your hands dirty.

/ Thread.

• Like 1

Personally for me the "One Word Association Thread" is Not about increasing my post count but having some fun. Remember fun? It's FUN! :laugh:

and yes... I am glad to assist you Jeremy and am quite willing to bark some orders at you and make you do it all yourself with my supervision.

The best way to learn is to get your hands dirty.

/ Thread.

Agreed. Keen when you are.

Thanks Mr. Rob

Lol

Rob's Autoservice in Dunlop. He will learn you !!

Take Wallet with monies and the willingness to follow instruction and get your hands dirty.....

Ditto^

Didn't mean to volunteer you Rob but your close and this lad needs learnin.

I have a nephew who was worried about electrocution the first time he had to change a battery

Ditto^

Didn't mean to volunteer you Rob but your close and this lad needs learnin.

I have a nephew who was worried about electrocution the first time he had to change a battery

Rob's always offered to show me how to do a 5k Service and Rob being a TopsBloke he wouldn't say "Nah". However, He'll be sitting back drinking lemon juice telling me what to do :P