SAU Community

Gtr Scam

Oli1710

There is a seller on ebay (northside nissan) selling GTR Parts including a rebuilt gearbox...located in WA.

Prob not from the same car OP is talking about . I actually bought a used GTR wheel centre cap from them- happy with their service! :) I just found it a bit of a coincedence that its a rebuilt GTR box for sale in WA from a Nissan dealership...

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?item=271334208534&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_ssn=northsidenissan&_sop=16

Edited by Dane

Yes both. The report from Nissan indicating there was nothing wrong with the car was provided a few hours after I handed the car over. The exact same report that apparently indicated the transmission required a full rebuild when it was done for me.

There is no doubt that something in there broke. The noise was horrible when it happened and I have the broken part of one of the shift forks in my possession.

• 2 months later...

I want to clarify a couple of points here.

If Nissan told you that the shift fork broke and it's to high in the gearbox to see well that is complete and utter garbage. If they had the valve body out then the shift forks are staring them in the face, right there you can move them with your fingers. If the selector broke it would fall on your damn face when you removed the valve body. I can't believe that is what they would say.

It is possible that the broken part could have jammed the selector pistons and that is why you had no even gears. Once the broken piece fell out and all fluids were replaced and a clutch relearn was performed it is possible that the car could still drive and shift with 1/2 to 3/4 of a fork. It's not good but potentially it could still shift.

Almost all R35 trans issues can be fixed for under 5K including parts and labor, that includes trans fluid as well. There is nothing to fear here. A selector fork is a little harder but you will definitely still get away well under 10k. I have a complete R35 trans on the shelf here I would have changed over for you for under 10k. These prices are out of control, you can't go to Nissan it's just not worth it.

Edited by g35me

Also a potential answer to the question is that Ford traded your car for next to nothing because of a 47k invoice for repairs from Nissan, they then took it to a competent workshop who bought a new trans for 15k they then swapped the old trans for the new one in around 3hrs as that is all it takes and by lunchtime they had it back on the lot ready for sale and it technically has never been launched. Honestly that is all to easy. And all the talk of trans mated to engines is garbage too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

All very well. You're missing the point though. They didn't change or repair the transmission. I called both Nissan and Ford management regarding the issue (abused them too) and they just defended their conduct. I have emails to prove this.

It doesn't bother me at all, I had fun with it, but it's not fair on the poor guy that pays $100,000 for a car with a problem that's going to cost you extra money you didn't interested to spend. If I could help them out I'd be happy.

I'm no GTR technician, but I asked which shift fork is broken so I could source one myself. I was told they didn't know because you cand see that far back in the transmission. I could only guess it was the first fork from the broken tip I had.

• 4 months later...

Sounds like both you and the new customer got duped by asshole dealers. I worked for them here on the GC for a few months. I left way dodgy, could not look people in the eye and give them the spiel they wanted us to do.

Somebody should make a list of none Nissan dealers- that can service the R35, and if customers, both Aussie delivered and import alike started tailing there cars there maybe they would learn there lesson.

Regards,

Todd