SAU Community

What Hicas Delete Setup Do You Guys Use?

tosic33

Im looking for responses from you guys that have your cars setup for motorsports, what kit (if any) do you use for hicas delete?

Lockbar with factory tie rod and ball joint? eliminator kit that replaces tie rods? or even total eliminator kit that replaces outer ball joint with a bush?

I have one rubbish tie rod and maybe ball joint that i need to replace, and for near $200 from nissan im exploring other options but i want what is best for the track, i dont care about flashy wank factor and i dont want a cheap inferior lock out kit or cheap ebay tie rod. What will be most reliable and long lasting?

Any advice appreciated

cheers

Best item on the market I reckon is the Tomei Electronic and Manual HiCas lock unit ( easily bought of Ebay ). Word around the traps is Hicas gets confused, if you don't electronically lock it out you may end up with lighter or very heavy steering....not sure if its true or not but uber light steering at 100kph + sounds a bit scary.

Any way its the unit I will be using, Tomei don't usually get it wrong and its very well priced.

using driftwork elimination kit, just make sure to tighten the bracket bolt up good, ditched all the lines leading up to the engine bay, inc solenoid

Is this the kit that eliminates the ball joint? This is the way id like to go. I had concerns of the qaulity of some of them, specially the bush that replaces the joint, are you happy with yours?